Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Yes, another newb question....I'm not a mechanic by any means. I'm a computer geek. However, I need more pickup in my new tib. If I buy some parts like an injen sri is there specific places I need to go to get it installed? Can any automotive place install it or do i need to look for someplace special to do the work?

Thanks,

Drepd

·
Registered
110 Posts
I would say that any shop can do the install since pretty much if I walked up to any guy on the street and handed him the instructions (you may or may not get them, but r100s included instructions) then he could do it.

short ram intakes are easy as pie
cold air intake may be a little harder, as well as exhaust
headers and most other mods you should take it to a shop

·
Banned
1,154 Posts
A 5 year old can install an intake.... especially an SRI. But yeah... you can take it to any automotive shop and they can install any parts. Just be sure to find a reputable one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Maybe I wil give it a try since a 5yr old can do it. lol but seriously, I'm not mechanicaly inclined. I create code all day long and let others do the work when it comes to something other an a pc. haha

thanks all,

Drep

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Bro seriously... if you can't install a SRI.... you shouldn't be moddin....

Auto shops love to get customers like you :p

·
Registered
952 Posts
we have quite a few members in your area, who im sure would be more than willing to help ya out.

Just remember you have to start somewhere.

·
Registered
962 Posts
There is so much info here and so many people willing to help you that you can do a lot of this stuff yourself. I started the same way as you and I didn't think I could do any of this stuff myself but if you take the time to read the info around here you should be all set.

·
Registered
456 Posts
umm SRI/Exhaust = bolts on.......crank and remove.......replace with new exhaust = bolt on

BUT WAIT!!!!!!!!! for a SRI you have to yank and pull and relocate a few things, but its EASY! You can do it man trust me, plus the reward for modding yourself pwns the money you give to someone else to do it. Dont let them take your money and your great feeling of accomplishment!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Thanks, Maybe I wil give it a try since a 5yr old can do it. lol but seriously, I'm not mechanicaly inclined. I create code all day long and let others do the work when it comes to something other an a pc. haha

thanks all,

Drep
Hello, i see ur in the Atl. Man dont worry about paying a shop to do a SRI. Let me know i am more than willing to help u out. Check out www.seuforums.com for the local stuff around Atl. We have Tib owners and former Tib owners on there and we LOVE to mod cars. We have everything from basic modded tibs (intake and exhaust) to the tibs like mine and on up to Supercharged tibs. We have no issues with working on other's cars and we have tools, knowledge, and places to do it. All the parts on my car except the headers and IM and installed myself, the other 2 i did with the help of another member of SEU

·
Registered
939 Posts
Find a local shop that likes working on imports. Maybe a smaller place where you can talk to the guys and learn a thing or two.

Or find a friend of a friend who has car skills, and do the install with him.

I paid to have my CAI installed, and I'm glad I did. That was a year ago, and I had no skillz. Now, after tinkering with the car and reading here, it does look easy. Since then, I've had the thing off and on many times, nothing to it. But I wouldn't have been comfortable doing it when I first got into this hobby.

If you're not ready, you're not ready. No harm in paying the pros to do your first couple of mods. But I'll bet as time goes by, you'll learn more and more about what goes on under the hood.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the good info. I just scored an injen sri on sale at nobi's in atlanta. Heading to pick it up today for 130 bucks. Gonna read the directions and look around under the hood. I'm more worried about screwing up the sensor I think.

·
Registered
456 Posts
there is nothin to screw up, I promise......well I mean I guess its possible. All you do is remove it and remember which way it was facing before, put it inbetween the piping the same way. You will be fine man, just take your time :)

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
basically just dont bang around the maf sensor and put it back the right way. I sent you a message, i can certainly help with the install ann any questions you have.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks again guys. :)

Looks like I am waiting a week though. Nopi's only had the SRI for an 04. They thought it was the same one for 04, 05 and 06 but when I got there they said injen makes one specifically for the 06. They ordered it and I should have in about 5 days.

Drep

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
i am pretty sure its all the same... all my parts are for 03-06 cars... nothing really changed

1 - 17 of 17 Posts