Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
856 Posts
depends
what the wattage your running? how many amps? what gauge wire can they take? how long of a wire run do you need? maybe you should find someone local to help you, you dont wanna blow anything up

· Registered
843 Posts
power wire -
Most people will say otherwise, but i like to use no less thatn 4 gauge power to my amps regardless of the power rating. fi your amp accepts 4 gauge, give it to it. I have a truck that wanted 0/1 to the amp...so that is waht i gave it. it is better to ge your amp the max gauge wire now rather than not giving it enough and having to replace it down the road when something goes wrong.
remote wire -
does not matter much...this wire is just an isolated trigger. if you give it a 14-16 gauge you should be fine.
Speaker wire -
my speakers all get 10 gauge to the subs...but not everyone feeds 650 watts per sub. you should be fine with a good 12 gauge. unless you are gonna run a 10w7 and a 1000D then you need to go no less than 10...possibly 8.
RCA(signal wire) -
you get what you pay for! if you go to wally world and get $.99 worth of rca cable to run your amp...you will get noise and poor performance. If you drop $30 or so on a set of tsunami elite series you will get a much nicer sound. Since this is going to a single 10...you could look into the middle of the road and get a set of Rockford Fosgate punch series wire and call it done.

Dont be surprised to drop close to 50-75 Dollars for a wire kit. just for the love of all things good an holy...dont be fooled by the crap that is being sold on ebay for 15 bucks! Tsunami, Rockford Fosgate, DBLink, and DB Drive all make some good kits... just go shopping and dont be afarid to ask questions (gawd i sound like a teacher)

Any questions...feel free to PM me

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.