Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this car for a 20 mile round trip work car/ city 30 mph speed limit. It runs beautifully. I recently took it to have oil change, chose high mileage engine oil. They also wanted to replace the airfilter for $27. They reported broken clip on intake manifold. It didn't look bad dirty to me so I said no. I put 87 octane gas in. Everything seemed as fine as could be. Weather changed, snow and 9 degrees. The snow cover I had on it blew off. Let engine idle until windows cleared after alcohol didn't work [Thick Glaze][Now I know not to do this again]It did not over heat according to gauge. Drove 10 miles to work. Noticed check engine light on on way home. Drove home, car runs fine, sounds fine, oil okay. I can take it to autozone or clear the light myself by pulling the fuse and see if the check engine light comes back. Trying not to take it to shop for expensive diagnosis if I don't have to. Also going to closely inspect intake manifold and see if broken clip is preventing seal.

This is my first car in years. I used to do basic maintenance myself on my cars.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

imsamib

·
Super Moderator
8,690 Posts
Buying a scanner for yourself is nice, they can be had for $50 and up unless you want to do a smartphone type.
If the CEL comes back on, check the code.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts