Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so ignoring the fact that i have a crack in the bumper (thanks to the body kit not fitting right and the body shop not fixing it right) what do you all think? This is after the tailight DIY

opinions?

·
Registered
465 Posts
how about a pic where we can really see them? heh

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
They look great. A lot like MOX's old tail lights.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will try, as its snowing outside and i can't get the best picks, here are two shots, will see what i can do tomrrow.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Nice job man! How did it go? Was it a PITA?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
removing the acutal lenses wasn't to bad, made quite the mess. one cut about a inch from the leses sides then one chunk removed over the light and the whole thing came off. Just had to etch the out sides and pull. WHY the replacement leses dont fit right is beyond me! they where a pain to get lined up, but used a electric grinder to fit right then just siliconed the sides (clear or black, i would use black next time) then cleaned the dust up and done. Was alot of fun, but messy.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
everything works right except the **** ing break lights lol think i have the wrong leds in, they don't light up brighter when i hit the breaks.

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Shift21 said:
everything works right except the **** ing break lights lol think i have the wrong leds in, they don't light up brighter when i hit the breaks.
maybe you have a 1156 bulb in there instead of a 1157?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Tiburon628 said:
not bad.. i would do a LED conversion with them, just make sure you get resistors so they dont hyper blink.
I am making a set of led tails that will be F/s shortly.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sweet is that just a harness conversion or the whole tail light? you got a price in mind?. I'm thinking that might be it, the bulds seem alittle big, gonna stop on the way to work on my car tomorrow, (got some ice badges fro Holy that i expect in and doing a LED emblem conversion on my hood, should look hot)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Mine is going to be the hole tail light with the wiring so it is going to be plug and play i am thinking of selling it for around $200 to 250 depending on how much the wiring from hyundai will cost.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts