Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
pass dat....
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's official, I am making too much power for a STAGE IV CLUTCHMASTERS CLUTCH. I guess 11psi and a 100 shot of nitrous is a bit too much for it too handle with slicks. Last night at the track it finally gave. I only got about 5 passes on the night with it getting progressively worse. Looks like I am going to be limping around a bit till I can get the car down to NGM in january.

Now the real challenge is to see if I can stay out of boost on my daily driver for over 2 months :3_frusty:

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
never...... gonna...... happen

and wow... just wow

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
zeenon53 said:
It's official, I am making too much power for a STAGE IV CLUTCHMASTERS CLUTCH. I guess 11psi and a 100 shot of nitrous is a bit too much for it too handle with slicks. Last night at the track it finally gave. I only got about 5 passes on the night with it getting progressively worse. Looks like I am going to be limping around a bit till I can get the car down to NGM in january.

Now the real challenge is to see if I can stay out of boost on my daily driver for over 2 months :3_frusty:

So the spray did it in....

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
That really sux.. Or does it? ? ? lol

·
Registered
270 Posts
It's like blowing something up that you didn't really want blown up, but it got blown up in such a way as to leave you grinning and saying "fukkin AWESOME!"

·
Banned
642 Posts
Sweet ! Just stay away from the Spray and you should be Good.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
MrPhotoman said:
That sucks and what was your best run at the track?
^^^Ditto^^^

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
So what other Clutch will you get? whats better than Clutchmasters Stage IV? Sorry 2 hear all this too.

·
pass dat....
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess it really isn't a "bad" problem, cause the problem is that I am making too much power for any clutch out there. On a 100 shot I am making around 450-480wtq, and with slicks it is just crushing the clutch.

The big problem now is if I give the car too much gas the clutch just breaks loose and the whole car starts shaking. It is still driveable, I just got to take it very easy. :3_frown:

So now we are looking into some twin disk clutches that you can make some big power on. Most of the big power supra's and others are using twin disks so they must work. There is always going to be a weak link in the car, I just didn't expect it to be my clutch...lol.

My best pass on the night was an 8.6 in the 1/8 and couldn't cut a 60' better than a 1.9x, but we all know why!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
zeenon53 said:
I guess it really isn't a "bad" problem, cause the problem is that I am making too much power for any clutch out there. On a 100 shot I am making around 450-480wtq, and with slicks it is just crushing the clutch.

The big problem now is if I give the car too much gas the clutch just breaks loose and the whole car starts shaking. It is still driveable, I just got to take it very easy. :3_frown:

So now we are looking into some twin disk clutches that you can make some big power on. Most of the big power supra's and others are using twin disks so they must work. There is always going to be a weak link in the car, I just didn't expect it to be my clutch...lol.

My best pass on the night was an 8.6 in the 1/8 and couldn't cut a 60' better than a 1.9x, but we all know why!
Yeah i was about too say ''how are those supras doing it?'' and of course they have way more HP than you lol Good luck with the new set-up bro.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
TATTOO said:
Yeah i was about too say ''how are those supras doing it?'' and of course they have way more HP than you lol Good luck with the new set-up bro.
The supras do it with an auto tranny not with manuals. AUTO POWER!!!! LOL.

·
Pete: The Man
4,366 Posts
I sure hope there is something new on the market for my setup......cause I know I'm gonna have some power and run into this same damn issue with my RIPP clutch.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
READY2PLAY said:
I sure hope there is something new on the market for my setup......cause I know I'm gonna have some power and run into this same damn issue with my RIPP clutch.
Well arent those Clutches claiming a Hold of 400whp? so your telling us your going beyond that? (Busted)lol

·
pass dat....
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
scftw said:
Only an 8.6 in the 1/8? I've made a 9.1 before and you're making almost double my power.

Yeah, look at that, my car is still faster than yours, even with a blown clutch :3_withstu

1 - 20 of 24 Posts