Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Well, I have just been informed by 04_GTV6 that he ran a 14.03 @97.5 MPH on 4lbs of boost out at the track tonight. His 60ft time was a 1.91. His runs continued to get better and better with each pass starting out in the low 14's and working off a tenth every pass he made. The last three passes where hot laps with no cool down period at all. The last three passes were made back to back with no cool down and he kept getting faster and faster. This tells me that Josh did an excellent job driving the car combating the heat soak as usually with a blower car, times fall of as the car gets hotter and hotter. This tells me with some time between runs to cool, tires brought down one more pound of air pressure and Josh's aggressive driving skills, there is definitely 13 second runs that can be had out of a base bolt on Sniper kit.

CONGRADULATIONS JOSH FOR A JOB WELL DONE!!!!

Stay tuned for the video!!!

Thanks T.C.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
post 3,000 not much else to say, but let me just say the car pulls amazingly well I love this Sniper kit i'm still untuned and no heat exchanger so with those two items i'm damn close too mid to low 13's

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Awesome job Josh!!

On a sad note: When I grabbed the camcorder from the house I checked the battery and the tape to make sure there was plenty of both. It said there was 87min of battery and 36 min of tape so I thought thats plenty. Well on Josh's last pass, The 14.03 pass it recorded the launch and the camcorder went dead. So we are gonna have to wait until next week to see a really low 14 or possibly a high 13 sec pass outta this car.

I do have 3 passes on tape I can post and after I talk to Josh if he wants me to I'll post them. I'm very sorry for this screw up Josh. I know this was important to you and we didn't get it on video. There will be a lot more passes to come and a lot more vid's.

Again AWESOME job Josh.

I'm ready for next week are you??

I'll be at work all day Josh so if you can come by and we will scan your slips and upload them.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
That is a great time! How did you manage a 1.97 60'?! My best (alpine) time at 4psi (on a cool 70 degree day) was a 14.4 so you are doing VERY well!

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
Nice short time! I couldn't get near 2.0's with dr's on my auto. Those times must be on slicks or that's one hell of a driver. I hit steady 14.2-3's with the alpine s1.

·
Banned
642 Posts
Great Run man. It's good to see So Many of us Moving up in the world Of TIBURONS. I cant wait till i have mine running Great !!! I can tell you for sure i dont have a 1 gear anymore :p

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
That slip came out pretty good for the sad shape it was in on that yellow paper. I hate getting the yellow one its so hard to read.. But that is still an awesome pass.

The battery is still dead on my damn vid camera and guess what else.. NOW the damn battery charger quit working and I have no a/c power cord for this POS!! GAWD cant anything go right??

Josh tomorrow I will go get a new charger and an a/c power cord and get your vids posted.

Again I'm sorry bro..

EDIT: Josh check this out. You just went from 48 to 14 in one night. lol Nice...

Time Slips Page

1 - 20 of 60 Posts