Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was wondering if anyone knows the max power and psi for NGM's built block? and how can I beef up my trans?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TRiBaL said:
The built block will hold more than you will probably ever make. As far as your transmission, are you an auto? 5spd? 6spd?
I have an automatic

·
Registered
605 Posts
ngm makes a badass auto , not sure the price though

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
smebysound said:
ngm makes a badass auto , not sure the price though
Yeah I asked NGM about their full engine assembly and price, but haven't heard back. I couldn't find anything about a tranny on their site.
Wow Smeby nice car man. I bet those cams sound bada$$...HP? what kind of gains did you get from those cams. Do you have any current vids?

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
you can get their built short block for like $4000, comes with new piston's, rods, and rings, that will hold about 800hp.

or ngm's budget racer short block which is essentially the same thing minus the new rods. its between $2700-$2900 and it would hold 400whp...

·
Registered
956 Posts
and there is no racing tranny.....

TC found out that many of the auto tranny parts are already way overbuilt....all you need it different valves or something to increase line pressure...which will make it snap of shifts like nothing....apparently he doesn't sell them though...you have to take it there and have him do it.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
mcdwf398 said:
and there is no racing tranny.....

TC found out that many of the auto tranny parts are already way overbuilt....all you need it different valves or something to increase line pressure...which will make it snap of shifts like nothing....apparently he doesn't sell them though...you have to take it there and have him do it.
what about the 6 speed. whats the hp limit on those?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, I'm still waiting to hear back from NGM on a full price quote for a complete master set-up

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Ignarus said:
Thanks guys, I'm still waiting to hear back from NGM on a full price quote for a complete master set-up
Hello,

The best thing to do is to call me at the shop @954-474-1955 and I can answer all your questions. There are a lot of options to type without knowing exactly what you want. It is a lot easier for me to discuss everything over a phone call.

Thanks T.C.

·
Registered
355 Posts
i dont get why the 800hp rods are an extra 1000-1200? Am I missing something?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Ignarus said:
Yeah I asked NGM about their full engine assembly and price, but haven't heard back. I couldn't find anything about a tranny on their site.
Wow Smeby nice car man. I bet those cams sound bada$$...HP? what kind of gains did you get from those cams. Do you have any current vids?

stock cams for me right now, i have the comp cams valve springs for the boost

1 - 12 of 12 Posts