Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Very nice Speck.... would say that tapping the oil lines were the hardest part of the install?

·
Registered
956 Posts
05GT said:
Ahhh.. alright.
the hardest part for installing the turbo was getting the oil pan off to have the bung welded into it....i strongly suggest getting an aftermarket flywheel prior to the kit so that the pan will just drop off....otherwise you pretty much have to pull the motor. (this only applies to manuals) other than pulling the motor, it was cake.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
NGM Sniper Baby, 240 WHP and 200 WTQ
and my ENGINE bay is alot prettier now that TC sent me my Plate!! But this is an old pic of just finishing the install

·
Registered
956 Posts
Speck said:
uhhh.. i duno? ask tim...(T.C.)

lol hes the one who did it
hey man....is that intake pipe....(turbo to TB) the one tim made originaly or a new one...cause i am pretty sure your setup was made before mine but that pipe is alot different than mine. On my car the bends are farther apart, right next to the turbo and TB....and yours looks like it fits a little better...just curious....

·
Registered
956 Posts
yea i will get one.....i might have to ***** him out and get one like yours made....how is the fitment over the brake resevoir? it looks like it is right on top of it.

·
Banned
2,558 Posts
hey tim, did you sell an s/c kit to a guy down here???

hes at 7 psi claiming 300whp, and that its "custom" .... and he just lost to a bolt on GTI turbo..

making the tibs look bad, if you know who he is tell him to stop!! LOL

sorry off-topic, i just read it on a local forum down here..

personaly i dont think he got it from you, but i was wondering just incase..

LOL

i think hes full of it.. but thats just me

·
Registered
956 Posts
Speck said:
fitment is ****in great on all of it lol
mine fits well it was jsut a pain to get on and yours looks a little bit better (fitment wise) that big weld needs to be polished off though.....

·
Registered
956 Posts
ummm. yea camera is broken but it is chadoffl's old intake pipe (the auto needed a different BOV mount) so here is a pic of it on his car.

·
Banned
2,558 Posts
looks good.. im jealous of the ceramic coated turbine houseing :(

yea, the big weld haha, i think tim had a few beers i duno ;)

how ya likein that turbo man?

i cant get enough of it.. cant stay out of the go pedal.. LOL

·
Registered
956 Posts
Speck said:
looks good.. im jealous of the ceramic coated turbine houseing :(

yea, the big weld haha, i think tim had a few beers i duno ;)

how ya likein that turbo man?

i cant get enough of it.. cant stay out of the go pedal.. LOL
yea that is pretty much how mine looks except it is 6spd so the down pipe doesn't go across the motor and i have a stage 4 on it......how come you didn't get a coated turbine housing?

but see how the bends are so close to the rubber fitings....well i had to cut some pipe off to make it fit....(not sure why) and the rubber pieces on mine start to go around the bends now...not a big deal just looks a little odd when you look real close....i think it is really only noticable because i know it is like that....i could probably just trim the rubber and it would be fine.

·
Banned
2,558 Posts
mcdwf398 said:
yea that is pretty much how mine looks except it is 6spd so the down pipe doesn't go across the motor and i have a stage 4 on it......how come you didn't get a coated turbine housing?

but see how the bends are so close to the rubber fitings....well i had to cut some pipe off to make it fit....(not sure why) and the rubber pieces on mine start to go around the bends now...not a big deal just looks a little odd when you look real close....i think it is really only noticable because i know it is like that....i could probably just trim the rubber and it would be fine.
i duno why i didnt get a coated turbine houseing *shrug*

mines a 6 speed too

21 - 39 of 39 Posts