Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

· Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was looking into twin charging and today I word on the street is NGM is selling remanufactured blower as brand new? That and they've been popping stock motors? I think this may be due to modifying honda rods....but I have no idea.

I think Nostradamus is my great relative......

· Registered
4,614 Posts
Remanufactured blowers... maybe.. I'm still looking into this one myself

Now, you've lost me on the blown stock motor incident, or maybe you're just trying to start a rumor. The only s/c setup blowing motors around here is Ripp's setup.

Better get that flame suit ready.

· Registered
890 Posts
Remanufactured blowers... maybe.. I'm still looking into this one myself

Now, you've lost me on the blown stock motor incident, or maybe you're just trying to start a rumor. The only s/c setup blowing motors around here is Ripp's setup.

Better get that flame suit ready.
Lol, Chilla are you kidding me... i hadn't heard that about the blowers...

Although, since the SDS was mentioned, 05, the assassin and the stealth have both killed a couple motors that i heard of to date, and the alpine/ngm alpine setup has blown quite a few too... i really hate how people think the SDS is the only system that has popped a stocker. You start making that kind of power it's bound to happen sooner or later really unless you properly prepare.

· Registered
4,614 Posts
Lol, Chilla are you kidding me... i hadn't heard that about the blowers...

Although, since the SDS was mentioned, 05, the assassin and the stealth have both killed a couple motors that i heard of to date, and the alpine/ngm alpine setup has blown quite a few too... i really hate how people think the SDS is the only system that has popped a stocker. You start making that kind of power it's bound to happen sooner or later really unless you properly prepare.
Alright,
I've been following both the Sniper and the Assassin. Do you have a link these supposed blown motors?

· Banned
6,255 Posts
i thought the whole forum knew about one of the stealth turbos blowing up on the way to nopi??? and there were like threads all over about 12sec blowing his motor and trying to blame unholy *shrug*

· Registered
8,046 Posts
Alright,
I've been following both the Sniper and the Assassin. Do you have a link these supposed blown motors?
youve been following the situation?... im sorry, i dont see anything like what you posted on crooked h here on nt.com....

how come 1 not the other?

im not trying to pick on you or put you down or anything im jus curious

· Registered
8,046 Posts
Alright,
and the blower is used?? wtf?
cant you sue a manufacturer for false advertising/ selling a refurbished product as a new product.... and not telling the buyer that its refurbished from the start....

and jus as a heads up... if anyone blows a motor because of something that was sold AS NEW, when it was REFURBISHED can sue that manufacturer for damaged parts... thats all i know for right now
i havent finished reading up on all the leagal mumbojumbo...

· Registered
4,994 Posts
When I told everyone on here that the blower from Alpine were used, everyone lost thier mind... John from Alpine threatened to sue me if I didn't shut up.. Of course, after I threatened to sue him back, it went by the wayside... I have no idea on the NGM thing... but the kit I was getting ready to make came with a remanf blower too... Hard to get new stuff and still make a cheap kit... But I would have told everyone they were remanf. - they are just as good as new, new bushings, new bearings new gears, new teflon - some may just have a case ding or 2 on them, but you would never know it.

· Registered
4,614 Posts
youve been following the situation?... im sorry, i dont see anything like what you posted on crooked h here on nt.com....

how come 1 not the other?

im not trying to pick on you or put you down or anything im jus curious
I didn't post it here because I found that it actually came with a pre-tune that I wasn't aware of...

and yes... I'm definitely checking into the reman.. blower situtation. I'm not going to return the kit because of it, but like everyone is saying. We should know if blowers are reman. I thought the MP90 was a new model of blower. How can they be a reman?

1 - 20 of 134 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.