Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

NGM Intake Manifold

3K views 36 replies 16 participants last post by  herbtea 
#1 ·
Hey

Whats the difference between the stage 3 and the stage 4?

Can someone tell me the hp gaing with the upper and lower intake manifold for the stage 3 and stage 4?

#3 ·
Stage 3 is a stock manifold that's customized, ported and polished and you see gains of about 12whp, stage 4 is a custom fabrcated manifold and according to the site you see gains of about 24whp, but it doesn't specify if that's with just the upper or the upper/lower combo.

#4 ·
i think the HP numbers are including the both upper and lower IM's together. I emailed TC once on that question

#6 ·
herbtea said:
On the NGM site it says upper only 24 whp and then again on the combo it says 24 whp. Hmmmm
Im also very interested in the true number for these. Someone need to flag down TC.

Hey there he is... :3_redcard

#11 ·
sharky1 said:
should i get the upper only or get the combo
get the combo. or take your lower IM to a machine shop and have them port and polish it for you. it'll be a lot cheper than buying one from NGM and paying the core fee, or shipping your oem im back.

or you can learn how to port and polish all by yourself on the lower im. its small, and easy to get your tools in the runners. don't do it without help from someone experienced, though.

and honestly, I'm willing to bet you could pay someone to cut your oem manifold open, port and polish it, and weld it back together for less than the NGM UIM, but that's why they make them...so you don't have to wait a week for yours with no car to drive..

#14 ·
If your talking about the stage 4 from TC, you have to buy new fuel injection hoses. About 2 ft of 5/16, 1/4, and I think 3/8? dont really remember the last one. Then you see how much you need and cut off the excess. Also when you do the install, the coolant lines from the throttle body, take them off.....the longer of the 2 hoses pull off and throw away, put the shorter one back onto where the longer came from. Now you have the coolant bypass, ta da.......2 mods at once :)

#15 ·
My brake booster line made it to the closest fitting, the pvc line I extended but I have a catch can so no biggie and the sensor one fit with just a bit longer hose. I had to plug one extra hole because the FPR line is routed differently on the 04 and up where as on the 03 it goes to the IM. (that one threw me off during install lol)

Oh yeah, I just got the stage IV upper and damn ........... I'm way happy with it!!!

#16 ·
herbtea said:
My brake booster line made it to the closest fitting, the pvc line I extended but I have a catch can so no biggie and the sensor one fit with just a bit longer hose. I had to plug one extra hole because the FPR line is routed differently on the 04 and up where as on the 03 it goes to the IM. (that one threw me off during install lol)

Oh yeah, I just got the stage IV upper and damn ........... I'm way happy with it!!!
Herb, I notice somthing when we put n your stage 4 Im. When we took of your stock, there was a little oil in it. Do you remember that? I don't think you Catch can is working properly. When I removed mine to install my headers mine was super cl;ean and my car is older than yours and have tice as much mileage. You might want to double check yours. Just lookin out bro.

#19 · (Edited)
If your talking about the stage 4 from TC, you have to buy new fuel injection hoses. About 2 ft of 5/16, 1/4, and I think 3/8? dont really remember the last one
Is the stage 4 install just as easy as that ? It seems that you're saying everything just bolts up,,,but then you have to add longer lines,,,,it that all ?

Edit: Is the RRM front strut bar the only bar that'll fit with the stage4,,,or has anyone installed other brands that'll work?

#20 ·
the estimated hp gain is 24 for $1000+. I have a nitrous system, my question: is it the same if I just add 20 more hp with the nitrous, for way lesss $$.

#22 ·
herbtea said:

Thats weird, i have an 04 and with my fpr line there was no way that one of the ngm fitting was going to fit into the line. To i bought an adaptor piece which enabled me to extend the hose and use a larger size hose. I extended it to underneath my stage IV. What did you do with your fpr line? We are talking about the small grey hose correct?

#26 ·
Hurdler5280 said:
Thats weird, i have an 04 and with my fpr line there was no way that one of the ngm fitting was going to fit into the line. To i bought an adaptor piece which enabled me to extend the hose and use a larger size hose. I extended it to underneath my stage IV. What did you do with your fpr line? We are talking about the small grey hose correct?
Heres a picture of what i did with my fpr line

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.