Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for information purposes.
The cleaner example is the NGM Stage IV manifold. The dirtier is the stock.

All the NGM LIM (Lower Intake Manifold) is is just a ported stock part.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
this is no mystery. though tbh whether it was a custom part or a modified oem part, porting doesn't care as long as it's done right.

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
614 Posts
How much larger is the ported one from the stock one?
OEM is typically 35-37mm and NGM is just shy of 40mm to match the crushed gasket size. NGM also gasket matched the lower to cylinder head area which is significantly bigger at 49mm by 32mm give or take. Hard to measure because of the injector hump.

·
Administrator
9,013 Posts
OEM is typically 35-37mm and NGM is just shy of 40mm to match the crushed gasket size. NGM also gasket matched the lower to cylinder head area which is significantly bigger at 49mm by 32mm give or take. Hard to measure because of the injector hump.
Agreed...

For those that want to "gasket match/port" you need to do on both sides of the porting. Thus, if you port the UIM or LIM, you need to do the heads.
No "steps" allowed. What is a step? It's where an airflow (intake or exhaust) goes from one diameter to another. Worst is big to small, but any significant step hurts as it creates a turbulent flow.

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
614 Posts
Agreed...

For those that want to "gasket match/port" you need to do on both sides of the porting. Thus, if you port the UIM or LIM, you need to do the heads.
No "steps" allowed. What is a step? It's where an airflow (intake or exhaust) goes from one diameter to another. Worst is big to small, but any significant step hurts as it creates a turbulent flow.
Surprisingly the heads don't need a port match. They're already as open as the gasket allows. I've seen this on two sets of heads but I'm sure it varies from casting to casting. But yes I agree, don't leave a step in the port work.

How much larger is the ported one from the stock one?
For anyone interested in gasket dimensions, I've drawn up the gaskets in CAD several months ago... attached here as PDFs.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts