Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NGM MAFTERBURNER STAGE 1

I purchased the original NGM Mafterburner back in mid 2004 when my car was a lightly modded N/A machine.

The install was simple thanks to TC's great video that holds your hand throughout the install. The only difficult part was getting my hands in that damn tiny *** space where the ECU is. Other than that it was very easy.

To this day I feel this was a very necessary and very useful and reliable mod. I have tuned my fuel on the dyno over 21 times and it has worked flawlessly each and every time. I have now tuned my car over 10 additional times using my wideband and again it has worked every single time.

Using the mafterburner could not be simpler. Plug in your laptop, do a run on the dyno or using your wideband and simply add or subtract fuel in open loop mode with a few mouse clicks. Save your updated file and do another run until you have your fuel where you need it.

Here are some screen shots of what it looks like when you are tuning your car: (Warning, DO NOT use these fuel settings, you could damage your engine. Tune your car on a dyno or with a wideband.)

Logging on:

SELECT THE 3RD COLOR ICON TO THE RIGHT, THE BAR ICON:

MAKE YOUR RUN (I DO IT ONLINE, SCREEN CAPTURE SHOWS OFFLINE), TUNE YOUR FUEL BY CLICKING THE UP OR DOWN ARROWS DEPENDING ON IF YOU RAN RICH OR LEAN ON YOUR RUN. CLICK SAVE TABLE THEN MAKE ANOTHER RUN AND REPEAT ABOVE STEPS TILL YOU HAVE YOUR FUEL WHERE YOU WANT.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~WARNING~*~*~*~*~*~*~

You MUST purchase your mafterburner from TC at nxtgenmotorsports.com. The mafterburners at www.mafterburner.com WILL NOT work with the tiburon.

I am a nerd, here is what I do each and every time after I tune the car. I make a screen capture of my settings, save them in a folder along with a list of my mods, my hp gains and a copy of my dyno run.

This is named 2.75" pulley:

This is the dyno run, the red is before tuning and the blue is after:

Then I make an excel spreadsheet showing the gains/losses lol:

That spreadsheet screen capture is of the incomplete spreadsheet but it shows you what I do.

Now thanks to the mafterburner I am running around 275-280whp

Now go call TC and pick one up for yourself. Feel free to post here or PM me any time for help. If you live fairly close to me give me a call and I will help you tune your car with my laptop and wideband.

THANK YOU FOR READING MY REVIEW, I HOPE YOU LIKED IT

·
Registered
629 Posts
nice little write up. I'm actually planning on getting some dyno runs in (3 for 40 bucks) and tune in between lol. Hopefully i don't blow her up.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Nice review!

I [heart] my MAFterburner!

The software is really easy to use.

·
Registered
629 Posts
anyone have the install video?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Any idea if this is still available?

·
Registered
120 Posts
ok i didnt know exactly where to post this but what is the difference between mafterburner an ecu reflash and a standalone engine management

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I know this thread is old, but I too want a mafterburner could you please PM me on whereabouts to get one
you cant buy it new, only used - in for sale section of this forum (once in the while they show up)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a stage 1 alpine supercharger with the next generation motorsports intercooler/intake manifold can't find the software or anything to tune it. Any ideas? My email is 612dylan @ gmail.com if anyone knows how I can get it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts