Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im sure this has been asked but my questions were not 100% answered from searching... so please be nice...

In the next monthish im gonna buy a sniper kit. I have I/H/E fuel tuner and a few other things. My question this is similar to the alpine stage0 but can be upgraded to the mp90 correct? this is the main only difference besides have NGMS manifold. basically i was looking and on the site you can pick up the IC, also called heat exchanger i think... unless that is somthing different.... for 300-400 here if your lucky, and 2400 from NGM??? Does this kit include like a 2.75 pulley or somthing or is it just the IC upgrade with all the hoses and steel braided lines and what not? Last question.. if i buy the sniper and some injectors (i didnt see injectors in the parts included list) if i were to swap out pulleys so im aroud 8psi.... is the IC VERY highly reccomended? I have seen some s/c tibs running higher boost but no IC without problems so i confuse....

thanks alot for anyone who answers my questions.

·
Banned
642 Posts
myslow1 said:
ok im sure this has been asked but my questions were not 100% answered from searching... so please be nice...

In the next monthish im gonna buy a sniper kit. I have I/H/E fuel tuner and a few other things. My question this is similar to the alpine stage0 but can be upgraded to the mp90 correct? yes. the blower has extra holes in them for you to upgrade to the ice box and the icebox matches up to either blower.

this is the main only difference besides have NGMS manifold. basically i was looking and on the site you can pick up the IC, also called heat exchanger i think... the base sniper kits does not come with the heat exchanger. "icebox". The kit is a base kit for 4 psi, which you dont need , extra fuel or cooling.

unless that is somthing different.... for 300-400 here if your lucky, and 2400 from NGM??? Does this kit include like a 2.75 pulley or somthing or is it just the IC upgrade with all the hoses and steel braided lines and what not? The icebox you have to buy extra, which you only need if you are going to jump up in Boost. i dont know about the pulley.

Last question.. if i buy the sniper and some injectors (i didnt see injectors in the parts included list) if i were to swap out pulleys so im aroud 8psi.... is the IC VERY highly reccomended? I have seen some s/c tibs running higher boost but no IC without problems so i confuse.... You must have the Icebox for that. The people you see with out it running at that boost, have alchey/meth injection kits i am sure.

thanks alot for anyone who answers my questions.
i am sure someone else will give you more feedback

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i see...... thanks man! i have been tryin to figure out what i want for sure... I have plenty of time i just wnna know what to save for so i know how much to put aside... I am planning on upping the boost a little right away so i figured some injectors and a pulley. Just trying to figure out about everything else! thanks again

·
Banned
642 Posts
myslow1 said:
i see...... thanks man! i have been tryin to figure out what i want for sure... I have plenty of time i just wnna know what to save for so i know how much to put aside... I am planning on upping the boost a little right away so i figured some injectors and a pulley. Just trying to figure out about everything else! thanks again
Start with the Sniper and take your time and do it right, then when you have the time and cash you can start upgrading. I am sure you could always sell the blower to make up some cash on the Mp90 :p ... it you get the MP62 polished you will have the ****ers paying top dollar !

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how come he doesnt have how much it is extra for the fully polished blower? Some of the stuff doesnt have prices i assumed i would just have to shoot him a P.M or call NGM...

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
When in doubt give T.C. a shout..

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
12secTib said:
When in doubt give T.C. a shout..
hahaha i will do that in the next week or so... Hopefully in the next monthish i will be joinin the boosted club!!!!!!!! *keeps fingers crossed*

now watch my clutch is going to go out tommorow lol

·
Registered
837 Posts
Motor mounts first, if you haven't upgraded yet...

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
already done lol... im ready for boost and a clutch flywheel combo

edit: Is the heat exchanger what everyone calls the IC? Like you would buy a heat exchanger and then if you wanted cooler more ambient air you wuld get an ice box for like track days??? Im thinkin i know exactally what im gonna get and when i just wanna make sure i understand hahaha....

·
Registered
486 Posts
the heat exchanger is an intercooler... it's just not air-to-air like a regular intercooler you would see on a turbo car, instead it works with water and anti-freeze, but it does the same thing an intercooler does- make the air cooler so you don't damage the s/c at higher boost, due to more heat, and so it's more efficient- cooler air= denser air.

"ice box" is hte name for it... i.e. ice box is to heat exchanger, as assassin/ sniper is to supercharger.. and yes, you can put ice in the front reservoir to cool the air even more for some runs at the track or something.

good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts