Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I wanna buy an upper Stage 4(the sale price is $900) from T.C. and was thinking I don't really have the funds to pick the combo and pay the core charge right now, so would it be ok if I bought the RRM lower later on? Anyone have pics of their lower?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So this would be a viable option? Thanks for the F.Y.I. that definately makes buying just the upper viable and I have a spare core I could either send to a local shop or to RRM.

·
Banned
2,706 Posts
Yeah just look around your area and see if any shops are doing it. Porting the lower wont make much difference supposely 2whp N/A which I have no idea how that can of been measured on a dyno (heck you can argue the air was colder or something). When your more heavily f/i though then its something to definitely consider.

But I know N/A guys want to get as much hp as possible most of the time haha. Those people who say a ported upper and stock/restrictive lower is bad for the engine are idiots.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
T.C. said that so does that make him dumb. And I'm definately gonna get an upper. N/A I think would be alot more fun for AutoX, keep all those SRT-4 guys away. SRT-4's are fast at the 1/4 mile track but, there is more to life than a straight line.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
SRT4's are pretty decent in the corner other than their tires are skinny and pretty quick coming out of the corners

but anyways, i didnt use a lower, i dont think its really needed NA anyways. My upper did alot for me

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well that answers that, Stage 4 here I come, well by the middle of next month that is. Thanks for input guys.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
here i know ive posted these both before but here just for your decision help

Here is an 04 Tiburon (was a member here but hasnt posted in awhile). AEM CAI, DC headers and Exhaust (no cat) and mafterburner

Here is mine at the SAME dyno shop wit AEM CAI, stg4 upper, DC headers and Exhaust (i bought his off him) and SAFC II

forget about the power i made over him.... like how his HP goes up.. peaks.. and goes right back down and look at mine, it goes up, peaks and stays there till redline giving me much better pull in the upper RPMs which u want if road racing. Make sure u look at HP and not the torque curve or it wont make sense

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So its all in the top end? Oh and straw its on sale right now.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
u can still get a sale one for 200 cheaper than NGM sale right now. yes most of your gains are seen up top but thats where it is needed most on Tibs

·
Banned
2,706 Posts
stg.4 allows you to have that nice pull all the way to redline, whereas it would die before. So yeah all prety much in top end. however you since get a nice gain across the entire powerband since the manifold is ported.

Porting the lower N/A isnt really worth it, if you F/I and running more than 4-5 psi then yes its worth it.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Ok final question, where does power on a stage 3 peak at? The way I figure it if the stage 3 peaks at 6 (gawd i'm hoping) then I can use the money I save on lower control arms and towards sway bars. Believe it or not its hard to find info on the stage 3 since t.c. took it off the website. Also I'm not made of money(stupid college) the couple hundred dollar difference is enough for me.

·
Banned
2,706 Posts
Stage 3 is a ported stock manifold. So since the plenium is still about the same size, it'll still dip after 6k.

Just from what I seen here usually people werent satisfied witha stg. 3 and impressed with a stg. 4.

From my expierence of course I'd say go for a stg.4.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.