Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wich one should I go with?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,031 Posts
the quality and dyno numbers of the ssa hasnt been proven yet. NGM has been proven and is a great design. Not to mention SSA pretty much ripped off the ngm design
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,541 Posts
^^^That is an assumption.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
486 Posts
get the SSA, save money, and post up dyno numbers!!- everyone curious about the SSA would love you... :3_winkthu
but seriously... if money isn't an issue, get the NGM... plus the SSA is only available in blue right now (though you could get it powdercoated afterwards and still have spent less money than on a NGM), but it's also not proven for performance. The quality looks great though, i mean it's just a box really, so if the welds look good then i think you can assume the overall quality to be good as well. I doubt they would use some crappy metal or anything like that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
393 Posts
it does look quality, ive heard arguments in the past about it, i want to know if anyone has the SSA if they have had anyproblems at all with it. NGM looks awsome and is dyno proven i know, but their stage IV is like $1000+ right, this one is under $400 and it looks very similar, which is why i am so concerned with quality
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
956 Posts
stiles88 said:
^^^That is an assumption.
no it isn't....where do you think they got stage 5 from you twit.......where are their other 4 stages....and why is their plenum so ****ing huge.....

honestly the SSA IM is crap..the design came out along time ago on ebay and it was discussed then and found to be a crappy design......all they did was take the NGM stage 4 and make it bigger..... :3_winkthu ...like that is going to automatically make it better....idiots.....

end rant.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,221 Posts
i wish someone could release some dyno numbers for the ssa already!!!

maybe someone can arrange a deal with them, get a discount and in turn give them some dyno sheets to post up, if the results are good, their sales would definately skyrocket in comparison to now, which is pretty much null as far as i can tell
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,221 Posts
well how would you be able to tell how much different the IM did if you're going to dyno with more than 1 mod newly installed...

cant really understand how SSA wont put any effort in this themselves to get some numbers out here
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
610 Posts
MoogLe said:
well how would you be able to tell how much different the IM did if you're going to dyno with more than 1 mod newly installed...
I'm going to do two pulls... one with the unichip not installed and one with it installed. The unichip install seems like it will go pretty quick so I will just install it between runs. The local dyno shop says that will give me a large discount in comparison to having the car mounted twice on seperate days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
744 Posts
I am so confused on why this is such a touchy supject with everyone on here. Yes I know NGM makes great products and they have help the tib scene tons but come on, Everything is going to be "ripped off" at one point or another... I mean come on you guys don't sit there complaining how short shifters are all rip offs of each other.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,520 Posts
michaud_time said:
I am so confused on why this is such a touchy supject with everyone on here. Yes I know NGM makes great products and they have help the tib scene tons but come on, Everything is going to be "ripped off" at one point or another... I mean come on you guys don't sit there complaining how short shifters are all rip offs of each other.
im with you here, the competition will be good for everyone
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,221 Posts
michaud_time said:
I am so confused on why this is such a touchy supject with everyone on here. Yes I know NGM makes great products and they have help the tib scene tons but come on, Everything is going to be "ripped off" at one point or another... I mean come on you guys don't sit there complaining how short shifters are all rip offs of each other.
yep, i agree

same thing as saying that one exhaust is a ripoff of another....

if this has the same gains as an ngm IM, i'd probably get one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
735 Posts
MoogLe said:
yep, i agree

same thing as saying that one exhaust is a ripoff of another....

if this has the same gains as an ngm IM, i'd probably get one
My point to add to this is how much more different could they make the IM so that it is not a "Rip off". The design I am pretty sure is as efficient as you could probably get for an IM and still keep it on top of the engine in the area that it is. Like Moogle says, exhausts and everything else are rip offs of each other. In order for the part to function as it does, it has to work in the same fashion, be almost or just as efficient AND fit in the space provided. If the dyno numbers SSA puts out are relatively close to the ones NGM puts out, well, in competition NGM will be forced to lower their prices to compete with a product that is less that half the cost of theirs with a tiny difference in performance.

Is that not good for everyone?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
867 Posts
mcdwf398 said:
no it isn't....where do you think they got stage 5 from you twit.......where are their other 4 stages....and why is their plenum so ****ing huge.....

honestly the SSA IM is crap..the design came out along time ago on ebay and it was discussed then and found to be a crappy design......all they did was take the NGM stage 4 and make it bigger..... :3_winkthu ...like that is going to automatically make it better....idiots.....

end rant.....
Hey TWIT.. yeah name calling does make you sound cooler. Anyways, Where did NGM get the term stage from?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
the pinch is going to come to those who paid over a $1k for their existing Stage IV IM. When they tried to resell, they were having trouble getting $600 for it. If SSA offers a IM that boasts similar or better gains, than its not just NGM that takes a hit; but its also those who own NGM manifolds. Why would anyone pay $600 for a used manifold, 1k for a new one if you could get a similar one brand spanking new from ssa for only $400?

Get the ssa upper, and RRM lower matched to the ssa and you got yourself an upper and lower combo for Under $600.

For NGM's sake, they can only hope that the quality of the SSA manifolds sukk... which evidently doesnt seem the case as teh tester for ssa seems to be satisfied with it.
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top