Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to get my lights darker; I think some people call it night shade, or maybe that's a kit? Anyone pick something up at pepboys, autozone etc and have success? Also, has anyone gotten pulled over because of it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Its called VHT Niteshades, it's a tinting spray. Be sure to pick up a can of clearcoat also. Just don't go too dark and you shouldn't have any problems

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Honestly you can buy it on Ebay... but I would get a shop to clear coat... but i am actually just getting my tinted so its not a problem if i get a fix it ticket... alot of tinting shops will do both for $30-50

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Are you talking headlights or tail lights?

·
Registered
516 Posts
I have gotten pulled over multiple times and they've never mentioned my tail lights, which match my black paint.

I ordered VHT nightshade and did it myself, then had a shop clearcoat them for 50 bucks. That was over a year ago and they still look great.

That's definately the way to go and there's a couple of DIY's on how to do it. Just search.

Edit: Here you go: Best DIY for nightshade. And nightshade is definately the way to go. http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112567&highlight=vht+diy

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Anyone have nightshaded headlights? Curious on doing it but not sure how it would look. Will only keep them till i get FLs anyway.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
FFF custom... look at his garage... So sexy... idk about on red tho... lol

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
^^^ a picture of your car man... with Night shaded headlights lol...

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
I got a ticket and removed them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I actually spray painted mine with a transparent red. I worry with the reflectors painted over, cops might use that as an excuse to pull me over, but until that day comes...

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Nope in Tennessee they could careless long as the lights are visible at night and during the day. I have mine nightshaded and never been pulled over. I live on the TN/VA state line I constantly go to VA to watch movies, and I have no trouble out of VA cops about any of my lights. :3_shiny:

·
Banned
1,952 Posts
I never got pulled over for mine.

It just takes a bottle of nail polish remover to take it off if you have to

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
It all comes down to pretty much where you live. In my area it is heavy with domestics. Probably 60% of the cars modified around here are domestics. So a lot of them have the slip over covers for the tail lights and head lights. So that might be a reason cops do not say anything. Also the cops around here could careless they just look for really loud exhausts, blue/red lights, and people racing that is it. Anything else done to your car they don't really bother you about.

The best advise is to ask people in your area about them and how cops handle niteshaded tail lights. It also wouldn't hurt to call the DMV. I am sure if I call one of ours they would probably say it's illegal but like I said our cops have better things to do.

Edit: If you do niteshade them and you're worried about them you could do like I do have an extra set of tail lights with you when you drive. So incase you do get pulled over and they say something you can just replace them. I always carry around my 05-06 tail lights in my back seat for VA cops.

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
I ordered tint from staw honestly its as dark and if you get crap about it you can always take it off within seconds, with nightshade you have to buy whole new lights.

something to think about unless if your set on completely blacking out your lights.

20 bucks for the vinyl that staw sells also

1 - 20 of 37 Posts