Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In school so money is tight right now.

I figure I can do zex wet kit, intake, headers, exhaust, and UD pulleys for about $1,200 (inc. Christmas gifts) versus $3,400 for the turbo + $500 exhaust that I really want.

$1,200 is a lot better on the wallet than $4,000. Horsepower wise, however, will the cheaper set up provide a decent pick up over stock for daily driving, while the n2o will be there when I need it for racing, until I'm out of school and can do a turbo? Or is this a waste of time?

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
Depends on how often you'll use your N20, and your local cost for refilling your bottle, and how long you plan on using the N20 until you get boosted.

If it's a now-and-then kind of use (ie: track only), I'd go for the N20.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Local refills are $3/lb.

Don't plan on using it much, only occasionally light-to-light racing (not track).

2 and a half years left in school, so it's matter of going off the deep end now and using school money to finance a turbo (grin) or being conservative and just doing the cheaper route for a few years.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
from cheaper and staying n/a or go f/i , i sat down and thought good. you can lay 4k in your car n/a (you can't stop such tuning. pulleys, clutch, flywheel, bbtb, pnp , cams and a lot more and you won't reach the 3/4 of effect of 4k in f/i. so i'd save up and get something like this
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/670000-670999/670710_102_full.jpg
:) hopefully that's not all of my f/i parts installed :D

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
Use your cash as a down payment on a sale priced entry level kit. Right now its 2300USD. Your 1200 USD will knock it down to 1100. With a turbo kit you will have the added power 100% of the time. Trust me you'll kick yourself in the nuts when you go to race someone and your bottle is empty.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
You can't even compare the two stups you're debating on. Save up for the turbocharger kit, and leave it at that.

BUT, since money is an issue, do what you can handle. The nitrous will work great on your Tib AND you'll like it. You'll LOVE a turbo though...;)

-BRR

1 - 7 of 7 Posts