Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Need some opinions. I just acquired a free NX kit from a buddy of mine with all the fixins. Would I be ok running a 50 shot on my stock head/pistons. Pretty much nothing done to the car but intake right now saving for the exhaust and headers, but I was wondering if this free horsepower will blow my motor or fry my pistonrings/melt my head gasket. From everything I've read I should be ok with a shot that size but I wanted some input. Any help would be appreciated.

· Banned
3,208 Posts
Smitty....I ran 100 dry on my tibby with just a adjustable FPR. you have to change the plugs every 5k but it's a fair trade for the power........and for 15k miles I rana 250 shot wet with a tune on my stock bottom end..it killed the trans after about 5k...Easily the tibby will perform flawlessly with a 75 horse wet or dry system,cuz tibby's tend to run really rich in the first place..........oh and put on drag radials cuz you will get 0 traction outta the hole ................and yes you do have to run 93 octane fuel or better :)

· Banned
3,208 Posts
With a 50..............no timing retard required jus run 91 octane or better fuel :)

· Registered
26 Posts
the same goes for me man i am currently running between a 75-125 shot, depending what im running against as as of yet it has had no problems what soever like he said change the plugs and you should be good, and jsut my personal prefrence i went with a wet kit

· Registered
1,139 Posts
what about ssa headers, underdrive puley, clutch kit, injen cai, NGM intake manifold stage 4 upper and lower. Is it ok to do 75 or just 50 (wet)?

· Registered
4,614 Posts
sharky1 said:
what about ssa headers, underdrive puley, clutch kit, injen cai, NGM intake manifold stage 4 upper and lower. Is it ok to do 75 or just 50 (wet)?
As long has you have the fuel supply... You'll be fine. You don't wanna run lean while spraying.. or you go boom.. That's why if you're gonna run a wet kit.. make sure your run a fuel pressure guage so that you can monitor it.

Kit
Plugs

50-100 and anywhere in there and you'll be fine...

Just gotta worry about traction.

· Registered
33 Posts
I'll be running an I/H/E by the end of the month or so and plan to get a nitrous kit after that with a 75 shot. I'll just need to run on 93 octane fuel, get colder plugs, and a fuel pressure gauge, right? What should I do for traction?

· Registered
4,614 Posts
mr0ldie said:
I'll be running an I/H/E by the end of the month or so and plan to get a nitrous kit after that with a 75 shot. I'll just need to run on 93 octane fuel, get colder plugs, and a fuel pressure gauge, right? What should I do for traction?

Traction... race from a roll :3_winkthu

· Registered
30 Posts
Hello!

I´m also planning to buy a Nitrous system for my V6.
But I got a auto. transmission so I dont have the possibility to change a clutch..

will this f*ck up my transmission or is this no problem?
and if its a problem, is there a way to upgrade this parts?

I was thinking about to buy a Nitrous Express-Kit.
A friend of mine with the 2.0l GK has this installed and its reeeaallly awesome *thumbsup*

Wich one would you recommend?

My Tib. is Stock except of a SSA Catback Exhaust and a Cold Air Intake

Thanks
Greetings from Austria ;)

· Registered
6,684 Posts
Hello!

I´m also planning to buy a Nitrous system for my V6.
But I got a auto. transmission so I dont have the possibility to change a clutch..

will this f*ck up my transmission or is this no problem?
and if its a problem, is there a way to upgrade this parts?

I was thinking about to buy a Nitrous Express-Kit.
A friend of mine with the 2.0l GK has this installed and its reeeaallly awesome *thumbsup*

Wich one would you recommend?

My Tib. is Stock except of a SSA Catback Exhaust and a Cold Air Intake

Thanks
Greetings from Austria ;)
the auto is a very strong transmission. if there are guys running 300+ whp supercharger setups on autos, you should be more than fine.

· Registered
4,186 Posts
so 75 shot wet kit is fine for the stock block right...all i have is I/H/E (so i would need to run rich with my neo??)

also.....why do you have to use 91 octane on spray?....sorry for the questions......i'm still learning about nitrous more and more everyday..

· Banned
3,208 Posts
91 oct or better to help keep from having ignition detonation problems(Tends to melt pistons otherwise)75 shot on the block is a pretty safe to run without too much difficulty:3_yes:

· Registered
4,186 Posts
91 oct or better to help keep from having ignition detonation problems(Tends to melt pistons otherwise)75 shot on the block is a pretty safe to run without too much difficulty:3_yes:
gotcha......thanks

· Registered
4,186 Posts
is 91 octane common at most gas stations?......i don't really pay attention to them...i just press regular unleaded...lol

· Banned
3,208 Posts
Yeah every station ya go to has it , 87,89,91.........and there's probably a station or 2 that still supplies 93 oct .Like 76.

· Registered
4,186 Posts
ok....thanks for ur help!!...

i'm trying to acquire a NOS wet kit in the for sale forums right now..

(i'm getting it to use until i'm supercharged....because i just got killed by an srt-4 today...and i wanns beat it..lol)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.