Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, here's the scoop. I plan on adding a wet shot of spray to my car, and tuning it via MAFterburner, or Neo, whichever I get a better deal on. The two kits that interest me are the Dynotune kit and the Zex kit. I like the Zex kit because of the brainbox that it comes with that allows it to never be too rich or too lean. I also like the dynotune kit because of the price. My question is, if I plan to get some sort of a tuner, would that render the brainbox that comes with the Zex kit useless? If I can save some cash, I would and spend it towards a tuner. Sorry, but I'm still learning about spray, seeing as how both my last two vehicles were forced induction. Thanks guys for the input.

96 Posts
Im not positive how it would affect it I dont think there would be a real problem with it. The tuner is a air/fuel tuner and the zex kit automatically retards or advances the timing as needed so they are doing two different things and obviously it has been done before because you HAVE to tune with a lot of spray and there are plenty of people with zex kits spraying plenty.. Of course.. This is all pretty much my theory and none of it is solid advice but take it for what it is I guess... And I would definatly say go with Zex wet kit if your willing to pay the cash, or go nitrous express if you want a cheap set up thats reliable.. Again, all my opinion but whatever you do, good luck to you!

-By the way, not many people will post replies because they are selfish, but also because you could probobly find the answers if you searched it.. In my opinion, ask questions.. Its a ****ing forum..

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. I planned on going Zex b/c I can get the kit for $475. I just didn't want to render the brainbox useless, but I likey because it retards timing. On the searching part, I couldn't find what I was looking for. I've used many a forum, mostly DSM Tuners and ClubGP, and most of the time you can find what you're looking for, but not to a specific. Plus, like you said earlier, its a forum, and most of the time if you have a question, then hopefully someone can answer it.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I don't know where you guys see that the Zex kit is capable of retarding or advancing ignition timing. The control unit merely monitors nitrous pressure so it knows exactly how much NO2 is flowing into the engine, so it can accurately adjust how much extra fuel to supply.

But, I've heard nothing but good things about Zex kits, and they really aren't that expensive for everything you get.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts