Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to wire the nitrous kit into the TPS for when its at full throttle other than a WOt switch on the throttle cable.
Thanks Nick

·
Registered
486 Posts
why would you want to do it any other way? nitrous companies made it that way because it's the simplest and most effective way to activate it at WOT. if you want to over-ride it, they have push-button kits, but that's silly and will more than likely mess your engine up.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have a WOT switch, I wanted to use the TPS because I thought it would actually be a little better, considering its not a mechanical switch that could get knocked off the throttle body? Thanks for the reply though.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Zex's kits are activated from the TPS wire from the control box. most companys offer this type of switch, safer and easier to use. and yes you can buy just the activation switch seperate

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks for the Info , just was wondering because we actually had to change this kit form a dry to a wet, and we didnt have a switch but has been takin care of and im running strong, headed to the track this friday so i can get some new time slips, wish me luck

·
Registered
486 Posts
make sure you're running colder plugs... ZEX sells a set of 6 plugs for tiburons that are running nitrous or boost... I know NGK has 2 step colder "v" plugs which a lot of people have as well...
did you do any type of fuel tuning? My goal is to run the same set-up as you (i/h/e+nos+fuel tune), but i don't know if the fuel tune is necessary to run it safely?
post up your numbers on here... i'm curious what a 125 shot can do. are you auto, 5spd, 6spd?

good luck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i had to do no tunning whatsoever but im going to though im currently running a 75 shot and bumping it up to a 125 this friday for at the track and its been running great no problems at all but i do need to change my plugs, also forget about 1st gear lol its jsut there to warm up your tires until you get traction but im working on it and and i am more able to luanch first jsut takes a little getting used to. but the set up is great and yes im an automatic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts