Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to ask what its the purpouse of the plate are under the car at the 2 sides where its like under the seats .. you know the 2 plates are located under the car and you can see the lower arm bushing screw there at the hole. So.. i ask because my car has a very horrendus noise like wuaaaaaak everytime i turn the steering wheel. Only at the passenger side. I put new screws there because genuines are damage i purchase ones a little more longer and was very yight there without issue and then that freaking noise. I take out the 2 14mm bolts are there and the noise are gone. But the plate are a little hanging there. What happen if i take out ? Or if someone happen this before and have a fix? Its like or the plate are bended or the inside are where goes the nut for tight the 14mm bolt has a issue there. But men its a crazy noise..

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Yeah...not sure what you're referencing here. You mention the seats but also the lower control arm, which is nowhere near the seats. Pics would surely help.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I beleved the noise came from this area because if i take out the 2 14mm bolts( this i show in this picture are not the genuine bolts mines was damage and i put a little more large ones and tight very good) but with the genuine have the noise to.. so i take out this 2 bolta and the noise was gone i put only that one and the noise didnt came after a while back again. That mess was me trying to put grease there for see if that freaking noise gone but was a fail ejje so what its the use for this plate? Because if you note didn't
20210430_213116.jpg
20210430_213123.jpg
do anything i beleved

·
Registered
477 Posts
Those plates are there for stabilization of the engine cradle and the suspension components attached to it.

Noises occur when things move when they are not supposed to. So if you are hearing a noise having to do with these plates, then we can safely assume that things are moving around, and these plates are supposed to help control/stop that.

The fact that there is a noise means they arent, or something is broken/wrong.

Ive seen plenty of people strip those bolts or cross thread. When you tighten your bolts, make sure the bolt heads are seated all the way tight against the surface, and make sure you have a bolt for every hole. Inspect the threads on the bolts, and in the holes, and make sure everything looks good. Inspect the body of the car in that area and make sure there arent any cracks in the sheet metal or across welded seams.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Men its very weird the noise comes after like 10 minutes of use.its like a wuaaaaaak wuaaaaak when i turn the steering wheel. There goes something like a bushing in the subframe or whatever i need to check?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those plates are there for stabilization of the engine cradle and the suspension components attached to it.

Noises occur when things move when they are not supposed to. So if you are hearing a noise having to do with these plates, then we can safely assume that things are moving around, and these plates are supposed to help control/stop that.

The fact that there is a noise means they arent, or something is broken/wrong.

Ive seen plenty of people strip those bolts or cross thread. When you tighten your bolts, make sure the bolt heads are seated all the way tight against the surface, and make sure you have a bolt for every hole. Inspect the threads on the bolts, and in the holes, and make sure everything looks good. Inspect the body of the car in that area and make sure there arent any cracks in the sheet metal or across welded seams.
Can you please told me the real name for this part or part number? Thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes thanks i find it to in hyundaipartdeals so.. men what really happen if i disconnect only the 2 14mm bolts because my noise was gone after take out. Men i try to find the issue so i will try to order a new Stay plate and bolts fir see what really happen.. but someone told me what happen if i take out only the 2 14mm bolts? Damage something?

·
Registered
477 Posts
honestly I dont know what would happen. My guess would be you probably wouldnt know a difference. But i dont know what kind of stress is put on the parts they are meant to stabilize.

·
Administrator
8,985 Posts
Yes thanks i find it to in hyundaipartdeals so.. men what really happen if i disconnect only the 2 14mm bolts because my noise was gone after take out. Men i try to find the issue so i will try to order a new Stay plate and bolts fir see what really happen.. but someone told me what happen if i take out only the 2 14mm bolts? Damage something?
I really would NOT remove suspension bolts....fix the original issue or don't be surprised if suspension bits come apart while driving....hopefully low speed and empty road...

I know some years/model Subaru have issues with firewall cracks that sound like under the car.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you look under the car what this will stabilize?.. im very confuse.. this part only has 2 bolts 14mm have a hole where you can put the wrench for take out the lower arm bushing so didnt do anything with that and a 19mm nut goes in the front chasis .. so i only left there the nut and remove the 2 14mm bolts if i put only one of this 2 bolts the noise comes back again . I put a little larger bolts i will go tomorrow and purchase a another shorter one for check . But i didn't have the genuine bolts..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts