Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to know. Has anyone out there had any trouble with installing Nology Wires/Plugs in their Tiburons? Dealer says too hot of a spark for it, so go with Bosch Platinums? Is he full of it?

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
I have had my Nology plugs and wires for a very long time with no issues. The install went very smoothly.

I no longer have the plugs, but the wires have been excellent ever since. Nology is a well respected company for making a nice product. You'll get mixed messages with local dealers...

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I've got em on my I4 and the fitment sucks more balls than an unattended vaccume at a retard convention.....reguardless i did feel a slight gain when i installed the nology wires and iridium plugs. Your dealer is confusing spark plug heat range with too hot of a spark.....im afraid he's a retard. Too hot of a spark plug heat range will cause detonation that will kill your motor...a good solid spark however will simply ignite the air fuel mixture better.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
JDOGG said:
I've got em on my I4 and the fitment sucks more balls than an unattended vaccume at a retard convention.....

lmmfao hahahahaha

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
^^ Yea that cracked me up... "im afraid hes a retard" lmao.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
I've been running the nology hot wires for about 3 years now..no problems with them. When I put them on the butt dyno felt good...

I sell the nology stuff..they stopped selling the plugs, but I would say stay with the NGK or champion's that the factory use.

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
i have been running iridium ix plugs and nology cool wires for a year w/o issues.

·
Premium Member
3,782 Posts
Nology hot wires can't be used with any type of aftermarket capacitive discharge type ignition modules. Something to remember for anyone thinking of going with an aftermarket ignition.

capacitive discharge wires + capacitive discharge ignition = trouble.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I installed the Nology hotwires and Nology Silver plugs and man, they're working out great. I had to trouble with the fitment. Only trouble was trying to get the wires alligned right so I could but the seperators on. Still haven't done that yet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts