Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im just curious on what you guys have spent to have someone rebuild your tibs? I have an 03' gt i would like to have rebuilt and just lloking for a rough estimate. Thanks
-Brandon

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im sorry I meant just the engine. Would like to get it rebuild and ready for s/c. It has right at 100k on it now. The engine is in immaculate shape and never been ragged. It was owned by a retiree before I bought it from him. Just weighing out options. Thanks

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
0 because it's not worth it for these cars.

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
why would you need to rebuild the engine if it's in "immaculate" condition? hrmmm? Besides, the stock block holds about 300whp via s/c just fine. I think mine had like 87k on it when i went stg 2 s/c. Dun' worry about it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have been looking around for longblocks and shortblock, Im just weighing out my options. And you ask why would i be looking into a rebuild if its in immaculate condition. Why wouldnt I? If I was wanting to build a say 400 hp car wouldnt you rather start with a fresh engine then one with 100k on it? It would make more sense that way. But I am not going for those numbers, I just have been into Hondas and Acuras most of my life and am trying to learn how durable these engines are. Just looking for tips

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
power goals >300whp = at least a new bottom end... soooo shortblock.
power goals <= 300whp = stick with what you've got and put the money elsewhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts