Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so if you remember my prior posting about removing an H badge that had been super glued to the hood...I got it off without any damage to the paint (or the H for that matter). I bought the T badges from seoulful racing. The posts on the back of the T badges don't match up with the holes in the hood?!

question #1: WHY?!

question #2: So, do I just shave down the posts on th T badges and hope that the 3M tape will hold them on long term?

HELP!

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
they should match up...un less the previous owner of ur car did something.....cause there shouldnt be superglue on it...there should be tape adhesive.....anyways...ye....i think shaving the posts and just sticking the emblem will hold.....no problem....but when/if it does start to come off...just get som more tape...and stick it on ...

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Like said, the tape is what holds them. It'll be a pain getting them lined up without the posts though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My previous post explained that the hood was repainted before I bought the car, and the genius at the paint shop used super glue to readhere the H badge to the hood.

Anyway, so those of you with T badges, none of you have run into this problem with seoulful racing T badges? I've emailed him to find out what the deal is, but until then, any one with the same problem with the posts not matching the holes?

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Just shave down one of the posts that way it will be easier to line up.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'd have to shave them both off, or it wouldn't be centered.

The guy at seoulful racing claims there is nothing wrong with his product. :O(

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
britelts said:
My previous post explained that the hood was repainted before I bought the car, and the genius at the paint shop used super glue to readhere the H badge to the hood.
Why was it repainted? My guess is the hood was repaired from front-end damage. The reason the emblem was super glued on was probably because it's not the correct emblem for the hood. Because it wasn't the correct emblem, my guess is the body shop just redrilled the hood to match the pins on the incorrect emblem.

What you could do is just elongate each hole the same amount until the pins fit. Then paint the edges of the holes to prevent rust and stick the new emblem on. It will cover the elongated holes so you won't see them.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The hood was repainted because of scratches, not front end damage- I have the before pics from where I bought it from.
l
Here is the pic from seoulful racing's website: Look at the space btwn the 3m tape and the posts.

and here is the one he sent me: Look at the same spacing- mine are spaced farther apart than the ones he shows on his website (which look like they'd fit perfectly).

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
worse comes to worse dremel off one peg so u can get it on somewhat straight just use ur good eye.....wierd tho that it doesnt line up

·
Registered
231 Posts
Wow, you are right, the website pics and yours are different. I got mine from Kspec and they look more like the website ones as opposed to yours. You dont think it could be a 2007 modification?!?!

Anyway, I would not suggest cutting off one peg and then putting it on the hood as it wont be centre. You need to cut both off, and either do it by eye, or put some sort of markers on the hood to help you.

NoS

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, that may be what I have to do. Seoulful racing is insisting they sent me the right part -even after seeing both pictures (go figure). Guess it's not that big of a deal, but it is irritating. Mb I just won't buy from seoulful anymore (bad customer service).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So, I sent those pictures to seoulful to help him see what I was talking about (10 days ago now). He has not responded since (before, at least he pretended at trying to help). Not a huge deal, other than the fact that the product was not as represented. I'll have to clip off the posts- I'm just irritated that even when looking at the photos, which clearly show a difference, he refused to replace them. Not even in the interest of customer service! Sheesh, what is this world coming to? :3_frown:

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
NoS said:
Wow, you are right, the website pics and yours are different. I got mine from Kspec and they look more like the website ones as opposed to yours. You dont think it could be a 2007 modification?!?!

Anyway, I would not suggest cutting off one peg and then putting it on the hood as it wont be centre. You need to cut both off, and either do it by eye, or put some sort of markers on the hood to help you.

NoS
it has to be!? this is the first time ive seen anything like that, with those posts spaced so wide.. im really surprised at seoulful, though.. usually theyre good with helping with stuff that doesnt fit. this is bugging me.. do you think hyundai actually changed the spacing on the 07's? this is weird and i would start a thread on it in their sponsor section... they should get it resovled before more members start buying these things.

·
Banned
240 Posts
shave them off. you'd have to if you had a CF hood anyways. and shame on the body shop using superglue instead of 3m emblem adhesive which is much easier to remove and less damage. it's only a few dollars at about any parts store...

·
Registered
237 Posts
britelts said:

Anyway, so those of you with T badges, none of you have run into this problem with seoulful racing T badges? I've emailed him to find out what the deal is, but until then, any one with the same problem with the posts not matching the holes?
i have em and had no problems

1 - 18 of 18 Posts