Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 03, v6 2.7L We were originally battling a overheating problem which we got radiators and condenser replaced we looked at the cam sensor as it look broke and we took it out and it was broke we replaced it with the crank sensor the car is just cranking and trying to turn on as seeming the car is not getting any spark we took a power reader out and the coils on the spark plug seemed to be working fine we checked all plugs and there right and fully plugged in we are at a complete loss on what would be wrong causing it to not start we are reading 4 codes ill provide a picture but not sure if they have anything to do with the car not starting. Im open to any suggestions any help would be very much appreciated. heres the picture:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,165 Posts
P1505 & P1507 indicates you may have a bad IACV or you swapped IACV and TPS connectors by accident.
P0445 & P0446 indicate a problem with your EVAP system. I believe it's related to the EVAP purge valve under the throttle body.

You should still receive spark with the CELs you are currently receiving. Generally a spark issue is caused by a weak or no crank signal. Even though you bought a new one you may not have actually fixed the issue. What brand crank and cam sensor did you purchase? Should be Hyundai, NTK, Siemens or Mando ONLY. Do not buy junk from the local parts store or you'll be buying it twice trying to cut corners to rush the repair job.

Did you remove the upper intake or throttle body? If so I'd look into the possibility of swapping the harness connectors and maybe forgot to reconnect the EVAP purge valve harness or vacuum line.

·
Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,165 Posts
And I think its a duralast sensors for both.
Throw them out and try again with the brands I listed. Our ECU is based on a BMW Siemens MS42/43 design and it's just as finicky as a BMW when it comes to sensor selection.

Reactions: aveenav

·
Registered
570 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,165 Posts
I would typically recommend against eBay for genuine sensors because they are often times counterfeit sensors marked up as Hyundai... but that seller looks like they might be legitimate. Buy at your own risk.

I personally stick to RockAuto or the Amazon seller "Visit the Hyundai Store" for genuine Hyundai sensors Otherwise you can message Albert Hwang in the Facebook groups, who is our resident parts dealer. He can usually get genuine Hyundai parts to you within 2-3 days. I've had great success with all three sources. If you can't find a part for some reason you can also find them on HyundaiPartsDeal.com but their prices are OFTEN 3x everybody else. I would use them as a last resort.

·
Administrator
9,166 Posts
No clue since the connector is out of focus (but the pulley 1' below looks great).
Is that the sensor, or the connector?
What is in range of what is in your hand?
O2 sensor
AC compressor
Fan wiring
Oil pressure switch on the block?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Heres some more pics. The fan wiring is right there but it’s definitely not the fan sensor.

I just want to say thank you for everyone who has responded im 16 dont know much about cars nor have the money to take it to a mechanic, So doing it myself helps alot thank you guys for guiding me through everything!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,165 Posts
Looks like a 1 wire harness, correct? I believe that attaches to the A/C pump either to enable the A/C clutch or to detect when there is a load from the A/C system. This allows the ECU to change fuel and idle strategy to compensate for the additional load on the engine. There's actually a map I found in our ECUs that changes idle based on engine load, and A/C is one of these things that triggers the 2nd raised idle speed map. Without it, the engine would stumble as soon as A/C is activated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts