Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
im unfamiliar on how to set the waste gate up, was hoping i could get a bit of feed back from the members who are very familiar with these things, the stuff i know and adeal with are all computer controlled, this is what gonna controll my boost so i wana get this right, i dont wana have a massive vacum leak or scatter my engine!! this is not the place to be bold and guess!!:3_confuse thanks!!

Attachments

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Re: not shure how to set my wastegate up!

im unfamiliar on how to set the waste gate up, was hoping i could get a bit of feed back from the members who are very familiar with these things, the stuff i know and adeal with are all computer controlled, this is what gonna controll my boost so i wana get this right, i dont wana have a massive vacum leak or scatter my engine!! this is not the place to be bold and guess!!:3_confuse thanks!!
WOW thats tiny lettering!! sorry!:3_toilet-

thats a bit better now u can atlest read it!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

WOW thats tiny lettering!! sorry!:3_toilet-

thats a bit better now u can atlest read it!!!!!!!!!!!

now i assume that the shims are for pre-load but how do i know what is exactly right!!!!! im a bit lost!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

anyone have any ideas!

·
EL NINJA MODERADOR
5,886 Posts

check on google, youtube etc i know how to but maybe
theres a chance to you mess up something and im not
in the mood to carry any responsability :D , good luck.

·
Nick-Yes, I have boost!
3,317 Posts

If i may make a suggestion, rather than "attaching" an image, post it to http://www.imageshack.us or a number of other free image hosting sites, then clicking the yellow mountain type icon while you're trying to post it, which wraps the direct url to the image with tags.

If you want to see a picture i took when swapping out the spring in my tial wastegate, please see here:
[IMG]http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v5205/149/70/684547389/n684547389_2058656_2535695.jpg

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

i guess i should have made my self more clear, i can reassemble it no problems i was curious what the shims were for and if they were for a preload, and also what ports on the top part of the the valve go where! the port above the diaphram and below the diapram

·
Registered
686 Posts

you don't need to route the top port to anything, but I routed my bottom to a port I tapped into the cold pipe from the intercooler before the throttle body and after my MAF and BOV. My camera battery is still dead, but if you take a look at motox244's setup you can see how he routed his vaccuum lines, pretty much the same way.

moto, I know man I use you like a reference tool for everything lol.

·
Registered
391 Posts

LOL. No problem, that's why I wrote it.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

you don't need to route the top port to anything, but I routed my bottom to a port I tapped into the cold pipe from the intercooler before the throttle body and after my MAF and BOV. My camera battery is still dead, but if you take a look at motox244's setup you can see how he routed his vaccuum lines, pretty much the same way.

thats cool thats what i figurred how else was the valve going to function correctly, but the one thing that concerns me are the shims that came with th setup, i mean the valve sealed i tested at work last night, but is there a reaason i asume they will alow me for fine tunning of the waste gate actuation pressures because the with the spring in place with all the shims the valve is more difficult to force open do the the speing being compressed nearly a 1/4" all ready. thats what i was worried about! i was told also u should put the signal port for the actuator after manifold to get the most accurate manifold pressere, because i was going take it off anyways to put a boost guage port in it! any truth to that!:3_worship:3_confuse

1 - 12 of 12 Posts