Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know this has been on my mind for probobly the past 2 months but has anybody ever realized just how easy it is to break into a tiburon from the window? The little rubber piece that seperates your window and quarter window and also insulates your window right there can easily be pushed to allow a quite large gap... Somebody could easily make a wire hanger with a hook and push it right threw to hook the locks and wa la, its open... What where the designers thinking?

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
Actually, it's as good as any design where the window has a frame around it because if you lock the doors with the key fob the car cannot be unlocked (either with the key, or from the inside manually) without setting off the alarm. So if you lock it with your key fob and someone tries to unlock the door using a coat hanger jammed in the edge of the window, the alarm will go off.

In fact, in theory, it's a better design as a result because a thief might think they can unlock the door using a coat hanger, so they won't break the window trying to get into it. They pop the lock, the alarm goes off, the thief runs and your window remains intact.

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
RedAutomaticTiburonGT said:
You know this has been on my mind for probobly the past 2 months but has anybody ever realized just how easy it is to break into a tiburon from the window? The little rubber piece that seperates your window and quarter window and also insulates your window right there can easily be pushed to allow a quite large gap... Somebody could easily make a wire hanger with a hook and push it right threw to hook the locks and wa la, its open... What where the designers thinking?
they didnt care

·
Registered
514 Posts
^^^^^^ I'm with him on this one ^^^^^^^

·
Registered
11,412 Posts
hitting the lock button on the fob doesnt set the alarm.

you have to hit lock twice for the alarm to go on

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
...my alarm sets on one lock

·
Registered
55 Posts
yeah i have had that exact thing happen.. someone tried to break in using a hanger and the alarm went off when the pushed the lock.. the alarm does set on one push

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
you say you need 2 clicks . how do you know if it doesnt beep ? click it once to just lock the car and then open it with the key , just humor me and see if the alarm goes off . thats how i knew it was only 1 click on my 04 .

·
Registered
11,412 Posts
ive done that before, it i defintly need 2 clicks. and how do you know if it doesnt beep. i cant hit the lock button 100, times and it ownt beep, the lights will just flash

·
Registered
55 Posts
...hmm i dunno, i know mine activates on one push. I didnt even know it had an alarm until i was detailing it one day and accidently locked it. I reached in through the open window and pulled the inside handle ,it startled the crap out of me .Mines an 04 and wont beep no matter how many times i press it.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Another '04 owner here and I only need one push to set the alarm.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts