Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
G-Power
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
For those who don't know me, let me first introduce myself. My name is SGT Pete Pelfrey, and I'm from Atlanta (area), GA. I'm a 24 year old soldier who is having fun in the desert for the next year. I have a beautiful wife, Christina, who is back home waiting on me, and I love very much. My screen name, Ready2Play, comes from a thought that I had one day when I said to myself that my goal was to make my car ready to play with any other car that was game. Enough about me now, time for the car :)

Oct, 2003- While I was in my military training school in Sierra Vista, AZ, I was walking down the street with my wife and had an epiphany…I needed a new car. Not some beat down clunker like my previous thirteen (yes, I had that many beater-cars), but a decent, reliable, nice and shiny new car. So I drove my first Tib. I loved it instantly, but still didn't know how I would be able to buy a brand new car.

The day after I test-drove the automatic Tib, I was walking down the same street past the dealership. The guy I had talked to the day prior screamed from across the parking lot asking if I was ready to be put into my new car yet. I told him "yeah, but I have no cash, no credit, and I'm only a Private in the Army." He said it didn't matter, that he guaranteed that I would drive off the lot in a new Tiburon. I humored him. Sure enough, two hours later I was pulling off the lot in my shiny new 2003 6-speed V6.

Following this, I had my first challenge, driving all the way back to Atlanta from school. After I made that grueling journey, I had to get ready to leave for Germany, and didn't have time to ship the car. I had to leave that up to my dad. A month later, I get a call at 2 o'clock in the morning with my dad in tears. He wrecked my brand new car two days before it was due to ship.

Everything fixed, and the car finally in Germany, I figured it was time to start looking to see what I could do to it. I started looking on Google for my first mod, my AEM CAI. During this process, I just so happened to find an amazing site for my new hobby- newtiburon.com. I was instantly hooked. This site and its members have changed my life, as well as my car.

After many small mods hear and there, I decided it was time for my first big one. I ran across a vertical door kit on here for $600, and jumped on the deal. Never having any modding experience, and hardly any mechanical skills, I hit the ground running on the install. From then on I gained the confidence in myself to do everything you see now. The only current work on my car that was not done by me, my friends, and my family, was the paint and body work.

So far, I have about $27k in aftermarket parts and labor on and in the car. Being that I am a Sergeant in the Army now, and that my wife always holds a job, I have had a little more money to put into it. In all actuality though, I really don't know how I managed to get it where it is today, lol. It is currently in the shop in GA getting every single bit of interior custom fiber-glassed. Everything will be done from the floor to the head liner. The dash and door panels will be different. There is going to be a custom enclosure filling the back seat and trunk areas, which will house a nitrous bottle, a CRY02 bottle, my two 12" JL W7's, two JL 1000/1 amps, a JL 300/4 amp, and two 19" flat screen monitors in a motorized hide-away setup (which will come out of a 3D Tuscani T). There will be two 19" monitors put in the floorboards up front under tinted acrylic, so they can only be seen when turned on at shows. Two 15" monitors are being mounted in the doors, with another two 15" monitors being mounted on the sides in the hatch. Lastly, there will be a 15" touch screen flush mounted on the passenger side dash, and the two 9" visor monitors. All of this will be hooked up to my Kenwood XXV-05V in-dash DVD/Monitor, Kenwood KNA-DV4100 navigation system, PS2 (for now, until I get a PS3), and possibly a carputer. With this install they are also doing hidden red lighting (show quality setup) throughout the interior and exterior of the car.

Following this large install, which is going to cost me about $10k in the work alone, the car is going to stay with TC at NextGen for a while. He is doing a complete custom build on the engine for me, with a first-time setup for a Tib. There will be boost. There will be power. There will be something different than the average. Aside from that, that's all I am going to say. You will all see it when the time comes.

All and all, I think that I have managed to do a lot with my car in the time I have had it. It only has 30k miles on the current engine, and I feel that it stands out very well. There has been a lot of time, money, and pain that has went into making it is what it is today. I hope that when I am finished, I can stand back and say that I have built, with help, a car that is truly ready for show, go, and sound competitions.

Exterior Mods

SC2 Kit with Custom paint
Carbon Fiber Mussa hood
Carbon Fiber Canards
Carbon Fiber eyelines
Carbon Fiber door deltas
GT wing with Carbon Fiber sideplates and Carbon Fiber base
Carbon Fiber F1 style mirrors
Carbon Fiber Splitter
Carbon Fiber stabilizing rods
Silblade red/black wipers
05 Gills
SR Lambo door kit
Smoked clear fuel door with painted gas cap
Perrin shorty antenna
Custom emblems
Custom painted headlights
Tinted Mussa Tails
Painted calipers/rotor hubs
Custom mounted Fogs
Custom Tint
Red underbody lighting and suspension lighting
18" MRR GT-1 with Falken tires

Interior Mods

Sparco Torino seats
Sparco Harness Bar Powdercoated Red
Sparco Harnesses
Momo steering wheel, ebrake handle, shifter knob
Carbon Fiber Sparco pedals
Speedhut Gauges
Triple Gauge Pillar w/autometer gauges
Custom Powdercoated Diamond Plate mats
Custom T vent covers
Custom paint
Custom door panel inserts with mounted 6" TV's and crossovers
Custom Shifter Plate
Custom Dash Emblem
PS2 in door and 8.5" monitor on dash
Custom shifter plate
Red leather shifter boot and console cover, and black leather ebrake boot
Red lighting

Audio/Video Setup

Kenwood MPV-8025 headunit
Infinity Kappa 6.1 components
Infinity 7520a amp
Two 12" JL W7's
JL 1000/1 amp
Two 19" Flat screen monitors
PS2
8" Dash monitor
Two 6" door monitors
Audiovox DVD Player
Optima red top

Performance Mods

Greddy Evo 2 Exhaust
Nology Hotwires
NGK Spark plugs
AEM CAI
NGM Stage IV upper IM
Wolfe Racing Ported polished lower IM
Wolfe Racing Stage 1 gauged and polished fuel rail
RIPP stage 2 clutch
Fidanza Flywheel

Braking/Suspension

Rotora Drilled/Slotted Rotors
Dust free brakes
RRM Front Stut bar

Being installed now...in addition to what I have

Kenwood KNA-DV4100 Navigation System
Kenwood XXV-05V In-dash touch screen unit
Two 19" monitors in the floorbaord
Four 15" monitors (one in each door, two on sides of trunk hatch)
15" Touch screen flush mounted in dash
Two 9" Visor screens
Complete full body interior/exterior/under hood proffesional lighting install
Custom Fiberglassed full interior

Coming soon after...

NGM Boost-this is going to be a surprise that I can't give away just yet
NGM Built Engine
CRY02 setup
Nitrous
Coilovers
BBK

Congrats READY2PLAY!!!

And once again from our awesome site sponsor Turbo Wax, READY2PLAY will receive:

1) 4oz Turbo Wax Paint Protection
1) 4oz Turbo Wax Pre Wax Cleanser
1) 4oz Turbo Wax Tire Gel
1) 4oz Turbo Wax 3 Amigos
1) 4oz Turbo Wax Last Minute Detailer
1) 4oz Turbo Wax Car Shampoo
1) Applicator

Disclaimer : Article was written by READY2PLAY. Any thing that makes your eyes bleed is not the responsibility of Newtiburon.com and its affiliates. ;)

Congratulations from the NT.Team

·
Pete: The Man
4,366 Posts
Yep. I will be giving away my winnings from this contest :) I can't use it, so I figued I would share with someone in the community

·
Banned
1,952 Posts
Congrats man, it's amazing that a car like that was entirely sponsored by you.

Good luck on the boost, hope to see you and your car in ATL whenever you're here.

·
Registered
639 Posts
congrats man. car looks hot

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
killer car bro....

That is a lot of hard work....

I wish I had the time and the money...

maybe someday :eek:range: :mango: :apple: :m_banana:

·
Banned
312 Posts
Car looks good, love the black/red color scheme! I might go that way with mine.

So how are you running this giveaway? Can I just have it? :)

·
Banned
349 Posts
Ya man, I agree the car looks killer. But I gotta wonder, how in the hell dyou get 30 plus thousand bucks at your age to do all this **** to you car, AFTER buying the car new. I mean, i work pretty hard im 22 and i still got around 10 grand of car payments to make. Ive only afforded a few mods, It just boggles my mind when I see these massively modded out tibs that you know are costing an assload of money, unless the parts are all sponsered to you. Other then that, I would kill to have all those performance mods, no questions asked, dont care much about all the tv screens n ****, dont need that, but the exhaust and lowering, and boost, bet it sounds sweet.

·
Pete: The Man
4,366 Posts
thez19 said:
Ya man, I agree the car looks killer. But I gotta wonder, how in the hell dyou get 30 plus thousand bucks at your age to do all this **** to you car, AFTER buying the car new. I mean, i work pretty hard im 22 and i still got around 10 grand of car payments to make. Ive only afforded a few mods, It just boggles my mind when I see these massively modded out tibs that you know are costing an assload of money, unless the parts are all sponsered to you. Other then that, I would kill to have all those performance mods, no questions asked, dont care much about all the tv screens n ****, dont need that, but the exhaust and lowering, and boost, bet it sounds sweet.

I'm still amazed at the fact that I have been able to put so much money into it too. Hell, we still bought almost everything we wanted for our house; and I do mean EVERYTHING!!! I only have a normal job, that pays normal pay. I guess that it's just because I don't worry about money, I know that God will take care of me.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.