Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI friends! So i will put new headers and i will put it with new sensors . And right now i have one bad sensors so.. i need to know if somebody here can upload a picture and told me what its the location of this o2 sensors because im confuse with rock auto. I don't know if im correct or no but i ask about what its the part number for my 4 sensors so check this part numbers and told me in what location goes...you know im confuse when said bank 1 sensor 2 etc for located. Im confuse because right now i have a bank2 sensor 2 and the give me a sensor 39210-37525 and when i check for this part number in rock auto this part number said about its bank2 sensor 1. So this its my 4 o2 sensor please let me know. where i can find that info or of someone can told me where its located each one ?? please first check if this are the correct part for my car. Its hyundai tiburon 2003 its v6 5 speed.
39210-37540
39210-37510
39210-37530
39210-37525

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
543 Posts
What is the manufacture date of your car? There was a change in early 2003 where the O2 sensors went from 5volt to 1volt and the ECMs changed from 2mbit to 4mbit. This is important in determining the correct O2 sensor part number by the date.

You can use database like hyundaipartsdeal.com to locate the part numbers. Their prices are outrageous so I just use it as an index for part numbers.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is the manufacture date of your car? There was a change in early 2003 where the O2 sensors went from 5volt to 1volt and the ECMs changed from 2mbit to 4mbit. This is important in determining the correct O2 sensor part number by the date.

You can use database like hyundaipartsdeal.com to locate the part numbers. Their prices are outrageous so I just use it as an index for part numbers.
Thanks for your advice i already comunicate with them and i send tk them my Vin number they told me this its the part number for the o2 sensors for my car but one of my concern its the location. I need like a pictures with the part number of the each o2 sensors with their location. This its the part numbers they told me

39210-37530
39210-37540
39210-37510
39210-37525
Can i use NTK? in ntk what part number will be for this rock auto confuse me

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
543 Posts
Yes, NTK is OEM and honestly the best O2 for our cars. If your car requires 1volt o2 sensors, you can use the following:

B1S1 & B2S1: NTK 25180
B1S2: NTK 25178
B2S2: NTK 25181

Sorry I don't know the part numbers for 5volt O2 sensors on the older models.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, NTK is OEM and honestly the best O2 for our cars. If your car requires 1volt o2 sensors, you can use the following:

B1S1 & B2S1: NTK 25180
B1S2: NTK 25178
B2S2: NTK 25181

Sorry I don't know the part numbers for 5volt O2 sensors on the older models.
Hi so sorry for replys late im so bussy in my store and i need to know about this o2 sensors you told me now. How i know if my car need 1v or whatever.. i post here what told me hyundaipartdeals so tomorow morning i will check the date of manufactured

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
543 Posts
Try plugging in an OBD2 reader and check the O2 voltages. If the O2 reads less than 1V then it's a 1V O2. If the O2 reads more than 1V and less than 5V then it's a 5V O2.

Hyundaipartsdeal.com should give you a date range on the O2 sensors to compare your manufacture date to.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Try plugging in an OBD2 reader and check the O2 voltages. If the O2 reads less than 1V then it's a 1V O2. If the O2 reads more than 1V and less than 5V then it's a 5V O2.

Hyundaipartsdeal.com should give you a date range on the O2 sensors to compare your manufacture date to.
HI i check the car label and this said its manufactured in jun 11 2003
And i need to know something i check a check engine code has my car and in autozone the counter guy told me its the bank2 sensor 2 .. where its located that sensor? Its at manifold close to the radiator( frint car)or its the close to the firewall and so confuse... I have a ebay headers i order because i didnt find a good ones in that time and for be honest the seller sold me this less than 100 dollars so.. i need to know what of this 2 part of the headers its the front ones and the back ones .. i need to know where its located the bank 1 sensor 1 etc etc .. i want to see a picture like telling me where its goes. I ask because i note the header have only 3 holes for the o2 and the pipe goes under the car has another hole . What sensor goes there ?

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
543 Posts
HI i check the car label and this said its manufactured in jun 11 2003
And i need to know something i check a check engine code has my car and in autozone the counter guy told me its the bank2 sensor 2 .. where its located that sensor? Its at manifold close to the radiator( frint car)or its the close to the firewall and so confuse... I have a ebay headers i order because i didnt find a good ones in that time and for be honest the seller sold me this less than 100 dollars so.. i need to know what of this 2 part of the headers its the front ones and the back ones .. i need to know where its located the bank 1 sensor 1 etc etc .. i want to see a picture like telling me where its goes. I ask because i note the header have only 3 holes for the o2 and the pipe goes under the car has another hole . What sensor goes there ?
Based on your manufacture date, you should have 1V O2 sensors. You may be able to verify by the part number printed on the old O2 sensors as well.

I have the same eBay headers! You may need to modify them to fit due to poor quality control from the factory. I had to grind a lot of material off the bank1 header and Y pipe flange to clear my oilpan... The header with 2x O2 bungs is your radiator side bank2 and the header with 1x O2 bung is the firewall side bank1.

B2S2 is the downstream sensor by the radiator. Unfortunately you won't be able to fit the B2S2 sensor on ebay headers without a 90 degree spark defouler/spacer because of the poor design. You would want something like this if it will fit: (Never use it on an upstream B1S1 or B2S1 location)

The O2 bung further down the Y pipe you can install your B1S2 which is the downstream sensor by the firewall. Most people fit an aftermarket wideband O2 sensor in this location because it happens to be more than 18inches from the head and the bung is angled at 10 degrees above level so it's perfect for an LSU4.9 wideband kit.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Based on your manufacture date, you should have 1V O2 sensors. You may be able to verify by the part number printed on the old O2 sensors as well.

I have the same eBay headers! You may need to modify them to fit due to poor quality control from the factory. I had to grind a lot of material off the bank1 header and Y pipe flange to clear my oilpan... The header with 2x O2 bungs is your radiator side bank2 and the header with 1x O2 bung is the firewall side bank1.

View attachment 136762 View attachment 136763 View attachment 136764

B2S2 is the downstream sensor by the radiator. Unfortunately you won't be able to fit the B2S2 sensor on ebay headers without a 90 degree spark defouler/spacer because of the poor design. You would want something like this if it will fit: (Never use it on an upstream B1S1 or B2S1 location)

View attachment 136761

The O2 bung further down the Y pipe you can install your B1S2 which is the downstream sensor by the firewall. Most people fit an aftermarket wideband O2 sensor in this location because it happens to be more than 18inches from the head and the bung is angled at 10 degrees above level so it's perfect for an LSU4.9 wideband kit.
Omg thanks for all the information. Men im scare now install this.. did you have CEL after install this? I have a 2003 tiburon v6 and i need to know what part you grind of for clearance? And what NTK o2 sensor i need for this car? Thanks for your help.. and the most its worth put this on the car? Or its not? Oh i miss to ask.. i read some people said about this headers its very close to the starter and the back to the alternator.. ao asking if i have a issue with the starter can i remove it fromt here ir i need to take out the front header and asking the same for the back header to the alternator.. let me know please. And if you note a bad MPG after install this in the car ?

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
543 Posts
Omg thanks for all the information. Men im scare now install this.. did you have CEL after install this?
I did have a CEL but that's because I removed my downstream O2 sensors. If I reinstall them I will not have a CEL. You shouldn't have a CEL with your older 2003 ECM and car.

I have a 2003 tiburon v6 and i need to know what part you grind of for clearance?
I had to grind away at the bank1 (firewall side) header and flange here. I grinded it down to the red line before it would fit with enough space between the flange and upper/lower oil pans. I believe I received a bad set of headers that were poorly constructed. You will have to test fit your headers to determine if you have to grind this section. This should not be a requirement for all headers.

i read some people said about this headers its very close to the starter and the back to the alternator.. ao asking if i have a issue with the starter can i remove it fromt here ir i need to take out the front header and asking the same for the back header to the alternator.. let me know please. And if you note a bad MPG after install this in the car ?
Due to clearance issues with the alternator you will likely have to dent your bank1 cylinder #1 primary tube here. Otherwise your bank2 header should clear your starter no problem. I was able to install my set of headers without interference from the starter. However, the starter is in the way of my B2S2 O2 sensor so I can't install a sensor without a 90 degree extension. Make sure you install the 90 degree extension before installing the headers. Otherwise you may need to remove the starter to install the extension and O2 sensor.

And what NTK o2 sensor i need for this car?
Your car's manufacture date is late enough in 2003 that I believe it takes the 1V. You have to verify it yourself before purchasing new O2 sensors. I can't be responsible if you buy the wrong sensors. These are the 1v NTK sensor model numbers and positions I posted previously:

B1S1 & B2S1: NTK #25180
B1S2: NTK #25178
B2S2: NTK #25181

and the most its worth put this on the car? Or its not? And if you note a bad MPG after install this in the car?
It is worth it to install headers for both performance and MPG. As long as you have other modifications that compliment the headers like a cold air intake, ported intake manifolds and a free flowing exhaust like Borla.... You can see better MPG and up to around 180-190 wheel horsepower depending on your mods. From the factory Hyundai advertises 170 crank horspower (140-150 wheel horsepower) and 28MPG highway driving. For example, this weekend I took a drive up into the mountains using my air conditioning 90% of the drive and I reached 400 miles with one 14 gallon tank. That's 28.6 MPG. That was better than Hyundai advertises their highway mileage without using air conditioning on flat level ground... Removing the catalytic converters, restrictive exhaust and restrictive intake system you can get better power and fuel economy.

And let me know where you can order that defouler 90 degrees. Please
The 90 degree O2 extension can be found on various sites like amazon, rockauto and ebay. They are sometimes named spark plug defoulers or O2 bung extenders. Do not install the 90 degree extensions on your upstream sensors (B1S1 or B2S1) or you will lose your fuel economy. Only use them on your downstream sensors.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks men you are a good person. Ok speaking about the o2 sensors
I contact hyundaidealparts for check what part number use my car for the o2 sensors. So they ask my Vin and they reply with this number.. can you confirm me if this numbers of ntk you give me its for the part number below
39210-37540
39210-37510
39210-37530
39210-37525

Let me know

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
543 Posts
Those numbers are the Hyundai part # if you buy directly from Hyundai. OEM Hyundai O2 sensors will be either NTK or Denso rebranded as Hyundai... but if you buy the parts from a different vendor, they will list the NTK numbers instead. The numbers I gave you are correct for NTK and the numbers you provided are correct for Hyundai rebranded sensors. It looks like the numbers you were given are 1V sensors so the NTK numbers I listed for you will be correct. You will find that NTK are less expensive than the Hyundai rebranded sensors so I highly recommend NTK over the Hyundai parts.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bro thanks so much. Men i need to ask something .. men i have this car literally more than 15 years and in the lock down i decide to repair by myself. So i started putting the ac brand new. I put new compressor denso, lines, condenser, evaporator , expantion valve and the pressure switch ..And my ac hvac controller mines was broke up and i order one in ebay i didnt note mines was a little different than the one i order after i receved. Has the same plug etc. The only different its the old one cames with the car didnt have the MAX AC in the controller and the ebay i order cames with that. My car its 2003 i dont know for what car ots that controller. So explaining that i want to telling you what its the strange behaviour i note in the car. I start the ac and i note like the fan condenser didnt kick in high quickly like before. And in some moments didnt kick in high only in low. Its weird. I ear the ac compressor do the cycle but no the fan in high and that its when the outside temps are low like night or morning but in the sun light i note the compressor didnt do the cycle the fan are in high all the time. Maybe do cycle if i run the car but if i left the car in idle i note the campressor didnt do the cycle only if i put the ac in 1 or 2 but are very long time for the compressor do it the cycle and if i select 3 or 4 take forever. I believed before didnt do that.and i beleved before the fan kick in high after i start the ac.i go to a ac shop and they put the gauges but they told me all pression are ok . Only i go very in the morning so not at the high temp of the day.. i feel like the car blow more cold air when its running i don't know. They told me the fan are ok etc etc. But you know how it is in this shops.. i need to know what the differences between that ac controller i purchase in ebay with the max ac at the controller for choose than the old one wothput it
Because when i put and change between both i didn't feel anything change

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
543 Posts
Sorry, A/C is one of the few things I don't have the knowledge for on our cars. Maybe someone else can chime in.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi i need to ask.. i find some genuines o2 sensors more cheap than the ntk.. can i mix it you know if i can purchase somes genuines and some ntk because somes are ntk more cheap and other genuine more cheap than ntk..you know if i can purchase 2 ntk and 2 genuines or 3 genuines and 1 ntk etc..

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
543 Posts
Genuine Hyundai sensors are NTK that were "white labeled" by Hyundai/Kia. The OEM original sensors I pulled off of my car were NTK brand anyway. It is OK the mix as long as they are actually genuine Hyundai sensors. Do you have a link to the sensors you believe are genuine? Normally the NTK sensors are far less expensive than genuine Hyundai sensors.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Genuine Hyundai sensors are NTK that were "white labeled" by Hyundai/Kia. The OEM original sensors I pulled off of my car were NTK brand anyway. It is OK the mix as long as they are actually genuine Hyundai sensors. Do you have a link to the sensors you believe are genuine? Normally the NTK sensors are far less expensive than genuine Hyundai sensors.
HI my friend i have to many problems and i start to make the o2 sensors order very soon BUT i have a concern here. BANK2 SENSOR 2 ITS 39210-37525? Im confuse with rockauto and a guy from ebay told me that its for bank 2 sensor 2, i didn't order it because im so confuse.. my car right now have a Cel from that sensor its the close to the radiator at the right side if im in front of the car or I'm wrong?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well in so confuse.. you put me the ntk 25181 its fir bank2 sensor 2.. and when i check in rockauto the 25181 have a part number not 39210-37525.. right now i check in the hyundaipartdeals the data base and shows me its correct the 39210-37525 for bank2 sensor 2 men for ntk in rock auto confuse check and told me because for the bank2 sensir 2 shows me another part number abd there said like the 39210-37525 its for the bank1.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OMG MEN IM SO CONFUSE. Men if you can enter to hyundaipartdeals with the part number for genuine i put here and told me because in so freaking confuse when i enter the 39210-37525 in the diagram shows goes at the front manifold right side and when i see the description said goes in passenger side.. I'm so scare of this

1 - 20 of 42 Posts