Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm trying to implement a data recorder using the obd2 socket so that I can have real time data displayed on my iphone. The problem is that the bluetooth plug is too big such that the fusebox and obd2 socket cover can't go back on. I have tried using an extension cable but can't find one thin enough that the socket and cable aren't in the way of the cover. Anyone have any ideas on how I can get around this?

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
799 Posts
Tap into the OBD2 or ECM harness for a ground and the OBD2 diagnostic K-Line link. Here is an ECM pinout for the Siemens V6 here for example:

The unfortunate thing is that the OBD2 serial connection is too slow for real time information. It's always about 1-2s behind with large gaps in data. If you want a true realtime display try reverse engineering the CANBUS high/low pins on the OBD2 port or ECM harness and pull your data from there instead. Nobody has done this successfully on the GK platform and shared their findings to date.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately I don't have the V6 model and am very new to car maintenance and modification so I doubt that I will be able to do something that no one has done successfully but thanks for the interesting insights and I will definitely have a look

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I doubt there is anything that small/thin that the cover will still go back on. Toss the cover in your glove box and go without it--probably your only option if you want something constantly plugged in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts