Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed an OBX exhaust system on my 04 GT today and it sounds great for the most part. But when in gear and the motor is at 2000 rpms it sounds like there is no exhaust system on the car while in the cabin. But I can sit in the car and rev the motor to 2000 in neutral and it sounds great.
Basically are OBX exhaust systems known for this or what cause as it stands I'm pissed that I just dropped all this money on a system when I could have gotten the same sound if I just chopped the system off behind the cat.
Please let me know what you think, cause this is driving me nuts.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I get that same noise in the cabin with my obx! I think that if I do a bigger pipes it might make the sound go away! Sounds kinda like it hs too much back presure on the headers or something like that!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To add to it now my check engine light just went on. Does this have anything to do with the unnecessary O2 sensor location on the piping. I wasn't sure if I needed it since there wasn't a location on the original piping, that being said I plugged it instead. Was I supposed to reroute the sensor or what. This **** is pissing me off.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I'm pretty sure that you need to plug in all the o2s but for some reason the OBX headers only have one bung for the o2. You need to have all them plugged in otherwise you will throw a CEL.I don't have my O2s hooked up either and I have a check engine light on but it doesnt effect the ride! Do you still have the same exhaust? The noise might go away if you have some bigger piping on!

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
the 02 port u r talking about if its on the cat back no ur 02 sensors do not go there it is for a wideband thats where my uego is pluged into and maybe u have a leak or sumthing because i love my obx

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
what header you have, and are you using test pipe with that?!

you must use a a high flow cat somewhere in there.

as for CEL, what have you done to your O2 sensor? where did you plug it. also I believe a high flow will help in this too, and if not, you can try O2 sensor fouler (you can find it on ebay)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went to autozone and they tested the CEL and apparently it had nothing to do with the exhaust system. It was just the gas cap...yeah I know I'm a noob.

But anyways back to the issue at hand. The noise in the cabin is horrible, will silencers decrease the noise, or is there some adjustment I can make to the system. I'm looking for anything cause, the system itself sounds good from outside, but inside the car its like getting your head smashed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
if you dont like the sound you shouldnt have put an exhaust then i like driving my tib at 2000 rpm it sounds awesome with the ssa exhaust

1 - 13 of 13 Posts