Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

OBX Exhaust

1K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  miketibs 
#1 · (Edited)
As title states, I may be looking into selling my OBX exhaust, it has the hush power II muffler welded in to quiet the car down and got rid of the raspy spots.

I put my stocker back on because this exhaust will be too restrictive for my boost setup, and it has two annoying cabin drone spots, the worst is at 2000rpm + or - 200 rpm, fades and comes back at about 2800rpm. 3000rpm+ sounds fantástico. Friends have commented on how aggressive it sounds
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to catch much for videos of it. I would entertain that the drone may be fixed with the addition of a Vibrant or SLP resonator, I just didn't care to find out because I am not able to keep this anyways.

I have not set a price and would like offers. I will have pictures once I get the time to clean it up some. Please feel free to ask me any questions.

#3 · (Edited)
Thanks for your interest.
I kept the piece of pipe that the shop cut out in order to weld in the HP II, and I will measure that and post pictures here.

I also kept the box that the OBX was delivered in, and that's what it will come in. I'll just need to grab the dimensions and weight of it all to get a more accurate shipping quote.
In the event that I wouldn't be able to get some sort of flat-rate shipping throughout the US, what is your postal code?

ID
View attachment 54238
OD
View attachment 54239
Thickness
View attachment 54240

Also measured one of the pipes after the split at 2" OD

#5 ·
The HP 2 was MIG welded in. OBX welds are TIG

#6 ·
I've been looking for an OBX. Is it bolt on stock? How many miles on it? Throw me a price for shipping to 19809 if miketibs falls through.

#7 ·
It will bolt onto the stock y-pipe. Well, I'm actually not sure! I'll have to look at my purchase date and estimate is the best I could do. I'm thinking 10,000 or less.

#8 ·
Ok PM me a reasonable price. Is it the duel cat back system or just from the y pipe back? Looks good for 10k miles miles, any more pics?

#9 · (Edited)
Google Tiburon obx exhuast, those are it. ;)
Intermediate pipe from the header y-pipe to the split under the rear frame to dual resonators.

I'd also like to note that the pipe in the pictures above weren't on the car. That was the cut out for the HP2

#10 · (Edited)
Shipping is killer! haha, I'm trying to find the cheapest way..
Fed ex is quoting approx. 170 and 183

It cleans up very well:) Now, while I was cleaning I remembered that the resonators do rest against the bottom of the bumper there. Of course, you can get that fixed for pretty cheap at a local shop, or maybe even do it yourself with longer rubber hangars would suffice. I would probably do some sort of high temp clear on the welds as a just-in-case kind of thing only because I haven't really owned an exhaust setup for long periods of time and I'm not sure what a 'normal' weld would look like after being weathered under the car.
I will post pictures here of what the condition of the pipes are, the welds, and marks from where it rests against the bumper.
I'd also like to note, if readers didn't know, that it is an under axle type exhaust and it has hit the ground a few times from me being lowered. I'll take a picture of that too, but honestly you can't even tell, haha!

#11 ·
Still interested pending pics. Are you saying fed ex is saying 170 to ship? That seems high. Id be happy to take it off your hands for 260 shipped pending pics.

#12 ·
Give me a day.. working a lot ><

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.