Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the moment I'm running OBX headers with the test pipe included. I still have the stock intake manifold and cats, now I just got my Ark exhaust and I'm wondering if it would be possible to take the test pipe off and fit on the 2th cat between the obx headers and the ark exhaust. I was just thinking about this now but don't have access to my stock cat at the moment.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
dont for sure know about the i4, but from what ive seen, the I4 headers rearrange the stock setup so that bolting up the stock piping containing the 2nd cat isnt an option.

pick up a magnaflow cat on ebay ($55 or so shipped- just search "magnaflow cat 2.25'' or whatever you piping size is) and have a local shop weld it into the test pipe. might as well have them weld an o2 bung behind the cat while theyre at it.

its a good idea to have a cat, it cuts down significantly on the noise and fumes once broken in.

·
Premium Member
5,304 Posts
Yes, you can weld in your stock secondary cat between the header and the cat-back exhaust. My friend recently did it on his Ark R-Spec header and his car sounds nice.

·
Registered
404 Posts
i have my stock second cat behind my obx headers and then to my tsudo exhaust i had them weld in an o2 behind the cat and have no cel or anything but its very raspy dont know how the ark would sound but i suggest throwing in a high flow cat instead of the stock

1 - 9 of 9 Posts