Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my gauge cluster's plastic front is cracked. where can i get a new cluster. this is my mph and odometer one by the way. and if i got a whole new setup what do i do about the miles since its electronic.

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,487 Posts
klubrollur315 said:
my gauge cluster's plastic front is cracked. where can i get a new cluster. this is my mph and odometer one by the way. and if i got a whole new setup what do i do about the miles since its electronic.
Uh... you can actually take the plastic cover off...

Unless you're talking about the plastic housing for the gauges, in which case I would recommend you get a bezel, unless they don't work anymore. It would probably be the cheapest thing to do.

Then check these out:
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1532707

lol.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im talking about the whole bezel. the black part that is connected to the dash is cracked. so i want to just get a whole new setup. but what do u do about the miles.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can neone help

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Well, is the mileage stored there in the gauge cluster? Seems to me it would be stored in the car's central computer system, so changing the gauges wouldn't affect it. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
375 Posts
diymirage said:
wow
that last remark fell about 30 yards from having anything to do with the topic

lets hear it for shameless product plugs in EVERY thread :3_offtopi

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
do me a favor...post a picture of whats cracked. I'm not able to visualize this.

If its the clutster backing, you need a new cluster. If you can swap the orig stuff you dont need to work about your mileage. Its stored in the cluster. There are some shops that can reset digital clusters, but its usually not cheap. If the cluster still bolts up, I dont think I'd worry about it that much.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fixer said:
do me a favor...post a picture of whats cracked. I'm not able to visualize this.

If its the clutster backing, you need a new cluster. If you can swap the orig stuff you dont need to work about your mileage. Its stored in the cluster. There are some shops that can reset digital clusters, but its usually not cheap. If the cluster still bolts up, I dont think I'd worry about it that much.
A whole new cluster will bolt up still which is what I'm gona prb do. But will the used cluster that came off of a car with different miles reset to the mileage that I have. Its kinda important.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
no, look above..the mileage is stored in your cluster....the new cluster or used will have either ZERO or what ever it had if its used....

there are speed-o shops that can reset digital ones..but not cheap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts