Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i currently have the dinky low spoiler and im thinking about getting a high spoiler. i just have a quick question...can the high spoiler be installed with the low spoilers' old hardware? or do i need the high spoilers' hardware?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
what do you mean by hardware? it should be a dirst swap. you can prolly find one in the FS section from someone who just recently went spoilerless.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
PM Newo. i know he just swapped out his low spoiler to a high spoiler. ask him and im sure he can tell you if he needed them or not.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
It depends. If it is a Hyundai made high spoiler, yes. However, I've read that some of the eBay remakes require longer bolts.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Mine had the bolts attached to the high spoiler so all I needed was a few washers and nuts.

The low spoiler had the bolts going in from underneath. Also the holes in the trunklid where completely off. Don't know if that's because mine is a European model but I had to drill new holes.

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
I know if you buy it off ebay (I think its $130 shipped) then you will need to buy longet bolts but if you buy it from someone who just took theirs off, then the bolts will fit. I can't wait to get my spoiler, its coming today or tomorrow!! Oh and as far as teh brake light goes, The old one clips off and you can clip the new one on.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
byahhhh i have answered his PM. but to anyone else that was wondering, BKamp613 pretty much hit the nail on the head. if you decide to go with the ebay high spoiler, which is perfect fitment and perfect working brake light, then you will have to drill holes underneath the spoiler and find screws long enough to go through the trunk and into the holes you drilled. for $130 shipped and painted, its not a bad deal at all, and no one will notice the difference!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts