Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How big is it? and has anyone tried putting another sub the same size n it? I dont think there are amps with the sub because i notcied the box is ported.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
03Tib88 said:
How big is it? and has anyone tried putting another sub the same size n it? I dont think there are amps with the sub because i notcied the box is ported.
there is an amp behind your drivers seat between the seat belt and the speaker... kinda

·
Registered
274 Posts
03Tib88 said:
Yes the stock sub is an 8" as far as mounting a different sub you have to cut out the plastic tube in the back that holds the rear mounting bolt for the sub then find a sub with a shallow mounting depth that only requires about 0.7 cubic feet of airspace. I will be attempting to mount a 10W6V2 in a week or so when I finish getting all the components I need together, I will let you know if it works.

·
Banned
173 Posts
just look under the diy section. all you have to do i rewire the harness conecting the sub and it bangs well at least mine does.... takes like 15 minutes

·
Registered
2 Posts
TiburonTemptress said:
About this OEM sub. Within the next 2 weeks I plan to install my box, deck and all, but until then whats the deal with this OEM sub? Mine barely pumps....like I wouldn't even know it was there. Where can I adjust it???

yea bro i looked under the DIY section n its mad easy to switch the R n L wires on the Sub connector...most time was spent taking the 4 bolts out so u can remove the sub....imy sub PUMPS now....like i barely turn it up n i could hear it comin down the road....i used to have a kenwood dual 10" bandpass box and kenwood 600W Amp powering it in my old car but after i got this car the other day!! :3_smile: n flipped the Rn L wires, it sounds good enough that i might not even put those in n sell them so i can save money n keep weight down..

·
Registered
2 Posts
seriously when i got this car the other day n heard the sound system n then saw that sub in trunk, with how big the trunk is n it being empty, i could NOT believe it barely put out any bass....but after switching those wires, it works like its supposed to n puts out alot of bass.....anyone know of other simple DIY fixes not on the DIY page that are as easy as the sub wire switching??

·
Registered
939 Posts
Just keep in mind that the sub problem is supposedly fixed on newer Tibs...

Now mine, being old, I did the stock sub fix and it worked great.

Also, just another fun fact on the stocker, it's a dual voice coil sub.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I have an 04 and did the sub DIY and it is better, but you guys talkin like the thing hits like a box are smoking crack. It hits harder than original, but nothing amazing. :3_saai:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Mid_West said:
Just keep in mind that the sub problem is supposedly fixed on newer Tibs...

Now mine, being old, I did the stock sub fix and it worked great.

Also, just another fun fact on the stocker, it's a dual voice coil sub.

They did fix the problem on the new tibs mines an 06 and the diy made it sound worse.

·
Registered
375 Posts
well i guess i wont do the DIY on my new 06 when i get it tonight

1 - 12 of 12 Posts