Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

761 - 779 of 779 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quick question guys,

How likely are these kits still available now in 2018 soon to be 2019?

I just picked up a 2006 tuscani on a whim from a grandma that was selling it. Always loved these things when they came out, and after so many years, thought it was something I can just kick around and have fun.

Problem is, the front bumper is cracked and there are some rust spots here and there.

Was thinking of refreshing the body and smacking on a decent body kit, but wanted to through this question out there for all current owners and their experience? It is now a 12 year old car, how's the aftermarket support for them?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Quick question guys,

How likely are these kits still available now in 2018 soon to be 2019?

I just picked up a 2006 tuscani on a whim from a grandma that was selling it. Always loved these things when they came out, and after so many years, thought it was something I can just kick around and have fun.

Problem is, the front bumper is cracked and there are some rust spots here and there.

Was thinking of refreshing the body and smacking on a decent body kit, but wanted to through this question out there for all current owners and their experience? It is now a 12 year old car, how's the aftermarket support for them?

Thanks!
Hey there, congrats on your new Tiburon. As far as modern aftermarket support, it is scarce in most categories, performance included. However there are some ebay bodykits that I've seen people make work (most require modification to fit) and a brand called "Duraflex" that I believe still makes aftermarket-style bumpers for our car. Most Tiburon owners will tell you to skip the bodykit and appreciate the car for it's natural body style and lines, but to each their own! Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey there, congrats on your new Tiburon. As far as modern aftermarket support, it is scarce in most categories, performance included. However there are some ebay bodykits that I've seen people make work (most require modification to fit) and a brand called "Duraflex" that I believe still makes aftermarket-style bumpers for our car. Most Tiburon owners will tell you to skip the bodykit and appreciate the car for it's natural body style and lines, but to each their own! Good luck!
Thanks for the tip, actually looking at all the available body kits, I really don't like many of them...way too ricey for me.

But hearing this now, makes me feel that going stock is probably the best way to go. Another quick question on this, I've been looking around for a simple lip kit, but no luck so far. Is this something relatively easy to obtain or has that gone in the ways of body kits as well?

As for tuning and performance, I don't see that the car needs much more than just full exhaust and maybe better brakes and suspension. Other than that...I do quite enjoy the stock look, especially the 06 tuscani bumper has quite a cool look to it.

I did upload some pics in the new member section (but it hasn't been approved yet.)
but lets see if it works here

but thanks for the heads up!

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
so at this point, which body kit makers should I look at for ease of install and price? want to fix my 05 up for my son....front and rear plastic all cracked and damaged severely. a couple dents in the side panels.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

761 - 779 of 779 Posts