Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Official CA Inland Empire Thread

39K views 440 replies 34 participants last post by  old guy 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
__** Official Inland Empire (California) Thread **__

===============================

Hi guys~! Good to see a new area of growing Tibby owners. :)

This thread is for all the IE guys & gals to communicate and plan events together~!

-Optimummind

#3 ·
Re: California Inland Empire

Great idea! It'd be cool to get all the folks from the IE together for a small meet and greet. Then later, meet up with the O.C. and L.A. fellas.

Either way, I have a few projects in the coming months if you want to join.

#4 ·

Yeah dude right? It would be nice to get a little group to add to the OC and LA guys.

But yeah bro sounds good. Watcha got coming up. I'm thinking about doing clear corners this weekend. Either way we should go for a little cruise soon.

#6 ·

Yeah dude right? It would be nice to get a little group to add to the OC and LA guys.

But yeah bro sounds good. Watcha got coming up. I'm thinking about doing clear corners this weekend. Either way we should go for a little cruise soon.
Definitely! I met up with a few O.C. guys a couple weeks ago and they were cool, it was great talking shop with other Tib owners. I have a Borla exhaust coming in hopefully mid-May (backordered). And an AEM intake I'm waiting to order.

I might have some free time Saturday afternoon. PM me!

We can make a reginal thread in the Southwest forum for IE people. Maybe we can get that going. I live in Upland with an FL2 tib that is soon getting an Alpine SC put on it. I'd love to meet up with a few others and go take a run up Mt. Baldy or GMR or GRR.

If you do clear corner let me know, I want to try it but I'm afraid I'll mess it up. If you do it and get it right, let me know.
Those runs would be great! Optimummind is planning one soon, I think he was saying May. Oh and I've been researching S/C, and the Alpine is legal in Cali.

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/amquery.php

Check out superchargers. Listed by manufacturer under S.A. Alpine to double check.

#5 ·

We can make a reginal thread in the Southwest forum for IE people. Maybe we can get that going. I live in Upland with an FL2 tib that is soon getting an Alpine SC put on it. I'd love to meet up with a few others and go take a run up Mt. Baldy or GMR or GRR.

If you do clear corner let me know, I want to try it but I'm afraid I'll mess it up. If you do it and get it right, let me know.

#10 ·

haha I'm scared too but yeah I'll let you know how it comes out. and yeah it would be nice to meet up with some guys

Definitely! I met up with a few O.C. guys a couple weeks ago and they were cool, it was great talking shop with other Tib owners. I have a Borla exhaust coming in hopefully mid-May (backordered). And an AEM intake I'm waiting to order.

I might have some free time Saturday afternoon. PM me!

yeah i'll for sure

#8 ·

Prime! that is wonderful! I had only heard that Stage 0 and 1 S/Cs are legal but never saw proof. This is great! The ONLY catch i see here is that it states for 2000-2003 vehicles, but I bet I could prove it enough if I needed to (since all GK tiburons are essentially 2003s with slight modifications). That means that if I get a cat and can actually pass emissions I might be legal. Although my headers will still have to be changed over I think.

Thanks for showing that to me!

Lets cruise GMR on Sunday!!!!!

#9 ·

No problemo amigo, I'm glad I can help! I saw that the list included models up to 2006. But either way, I would definitely call or email them to be sure, and so you can get the EO number for future reference. Hopefully I can find more good news cause I really want to s/c my tib as well!

GMR would be dope, but I'm busy all day sunday. We should do something soon for sure tho!

#16 ·

I don't I'm in Los Angeles, but my aunt has a house in Victorville... I usually head out there twice a month
That's cool, hit me up and I'll keep you up to speed of any meet and greets we might have. Hopefully you can make it out!

You guys should hit up member B3ryz, I know he lives somewhere in the IE. He's a cool dude... went with us to the Mulholland drive and he's a good driver. I live in Pomona and I can meet up and talk/show cars, but I'm afraid I can't do mountain runs any time soon since I need to replace my brakes first. I was actually just having lunch with another NT member (Griever) and the weather is great for the mountains.
Thanks for the heads up! I just PM'ed him. Either way, you should meet up with us sometime as well!

#15 ·

You guys should hit up member B3ryz, I know he lives somewhere in the IE. He's a cool dude... went with us to the Mulholland drive and he's a good driver. I live in Pomona and I can meet up and talk/show cars, but I'm afraid I can't do mountain runs any time soon since I need to replace my brakes first. I was actually just having lunch with another NT member (Griever) and the weather is great for the mountains.

#21 ·

Yesterday, 6spdSE and I got together (along with his buddy's WRX monster) to do a quick Mt.Baldy run. It was AMAZING!! We definitely need to get more Tibs to go up there soon!

Oooo, haven't been to GMR and GRR in a long time. Glad you guys had a safe and good time. :3_pimatyo

BTW, the Official IE Thread has been created and stickied~!! :)

#25 · (Edited)
Damn, all the Koreans are in the OC or IE... I'm stuck with Euros and Japs lol... Still fun though...

Anybody let me know of anything going down, I'm usually up for anything if it involves cars, I've got tools and Monsters lol

Text me guys 3233147528
I'm off the 10frwy on La Brea so yea...

#27 ·
I was wonderingif if there were any Riverside tibs around, nice!

Believe me, there are plenty of Hondas and Nissans around here, hardly any modded Tibs. But that's why we wanted to connect with other NT folks.

We should do a meet and greet at a Bakers lol!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.