Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 213 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, the time has come, folks--let's get this GB rolling! Most of you already know the details, but here we are again just to re-cap...

REQUIREMENTS
Minimum order: 25 orders
Price: $390 (w/o shipping)
Time frame: 1 month (can be extended)
Payment to: [email protected] via Paypal
Other payment methods available by request

SHIPPING
USA shipping: approx $125 - $200
Canada shipping: approx $175 - $275
International shipping: PM for quote
Payments to [email protected] when it is announced that the bumpers are in stock and ready to ship. (Not collected up-front).
Local pickup is available in NY zip code 10594.
Combined shipping is available for up to 3 bumpers to the same location at no extra shipping cost.

TIME ESTIMATES
At the close of the GB, Hana will begin making the prototype sample. This will take approximately 1-2 weeks. After they have a prototype that is confirmed on a Korean Tuscani, they will ship that to me for a test fit on a local Tiburon so we can ensure fitment. This process will take about another week since Haha and I are splitting the cost for for air freight. Once confirmed, Hana will crank out the minimum 25 bumpers for the initial production run, which will last about 2 weeks as well. After that, 3-4 weeks for the shipment to arrive here in New York, after which we can start shipping out everyone's orders. If all goes well, you will all have your bumpers by the end of June.

MANUFACTURING NOTES
1) The bumpers will be made out of RTM fiberglass. RTM stands for "resin transfer molded". This is a very high-end fiberglass that is not only much more durable than "regular" fiberglass, but is also much smoother as well--which will make your prep/painting rates more affordable too.
2) The lower inserts will be included as part of the bumper. Here is an EXAMPLE PIC for reference.
3) The flat license plate mount is not part of the lower insert. If you need a license plate in the front of your car, then this can be done with simple aluminum L-brackets (less than $2 at Home Depot). It is not worth the increased cost of production to make a flat mount area, especially because not everyone needs a front plate. We wanted to keep the price of the bumper under $400--and that would not be possible with a plate mount. That is why the lower insert will look more like THIS.
4) The side vents will have plastic BMW M6 style mesh. Example pic HERE.

CONTACT INFO
I can primarily be reached via email at [email protected], though I will do my best to answer PM's as quickly as possible too. During EST evenings, I am available on AIM: ImportSharkInfo.

Any other questions, concerns or comments? Just post up so everyone can discuss.

PAYMENTS ACCEPTED NOW! Ball is officially rolling... :3_bier:

·
Registered
126 Posts
@ItaliaTib2k3

At the close of the GB, Hana will begin making the prototype sample. This will take approximately 1-2 weeks. After they have a prototype that is confirmed on a Korean Tuscani, they will ship that to me for a test fit on a local Tiburon so we can ensure fitment.
What I dont understand is, if we have pictures floating about of Hana Bumpers on 03-06 Models, why do we have to wait to make a prototype, refit, etc, etc...according to the pictures It looks like there is a pre-existing bumper for our 03/06 models..So I would imagine that Hana could use their already made molds and it would end up resulting in a lower wait time and cost since they could go DIRECTLY to poly...but maybe I am just wrong...

I dont have a Tibby yet myself so I cant join the GB but I am going to get one and plan on getting a Hana bumper so thats why my concerns are being posted

·
Registered
1,111 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Sweet just in time I was about to buy rims with my taxes cause I thought it was gonna be a long time before we got this group buy going. I'll let you know when I send my payment. BTW do we have to send shipping payment right away or can it wait a while?

·
Premium Member
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@ItaliaTib2k3

What I dont understand is, if we have pictures floating about of Hana Bumpers on 03-06 Models, why do we have to wait to make a prototype, refit, etc, etc...according to the pictures It looks like there is a pre-existing bumper for our 03/06 models..So I would imagine that Hana could use their already made molds and it would end up resulting in a lower wait time and cost since they could go DIRECTLY to poly...but maybe I am just wrong...

I dont have a Tibby yet myself so I cant join the GB but I am going to get one and plan on getting a Hana bumper so thats why my concerns are being posted
The reason for this is simple...
Hana does not have a 03-06 bumper that looks like this! They received requests from some people in Korea to make it like their 07-08 bumper, but due to copyright issues with Hyundai, they can not legally do so on a "regular production" piece. (Since it looks somewhat similar to the 05-06 OEM front bumper). So basically, what Hana does on these few special orders is take the top of their normal 03-06 bumper and the bottom of their 07-08 bumper--and just mold them together. They have done no more than 10 of these and the price is extremely expensive. They charge 1,500,000 Korean won for this--which is pretty much around $1350 for just a front bumper. Oh and, due to the smaller crash support structure in Korean Tuscani's the fit is different than we have here too. Even if they could do their modified bumpers for us, you would all have to cut your crash beam behind the front bumper.

For our order, they are making the mold for an export product only. They will not and can not sell the bumpers in Korea. Not worth the risk from their standpoint.

Sweet just in time I was about to buy rims with my taxes cause I thought it was gonna be a long time before we got this group buy going. I'll let you know when I send my payment. BTW do we have to send shipping payment right away or can it wait a while?
I was looking to keep the payment stage open for 1 month. You are free to send the funds in anytime before May 1. If you and others need more time, we can all discuss this possibility to see what the community prefers. For argument's sake though, just figure within 1 month and you're good to go.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i am busy getting ready for my trip to Italy and Greece, so it looks like ill get the payment to you probably around the 26th. don't follow through with this without me.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Oh ok well that sounds good then, Now my question is, will there only be x amount of bumpers made based on how many people buy it? Because like I said I havent gotten my Tibby yet, but I will get one soon and I was wondering if I would be able to buy the bumper like lets say 3-6 months down the line without participating in the group buy now since I do not know exactly when I will get it so I dont want to invest in something I dont have yet lol

·
Registered
540 Posts
just realized you are the same person from importshark. i'm the one who sent you a message about combining fluxion II with zefiro wideobody and a min rear bumper and hood. but. depending on your response on that i might join up for this gb. i covet this bumper

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Oh ok well that sounds good then, Now my question is, will there only be x amount of bumpers made based on how many people buy it? Because like I said I havent gotten my Tibby yet, but I will get one soon and I was wondering if I would be able to buy the bumper like lets say 3-6 months down the line without participating in the group buy now since I do not know exactly when I will get it so I dont want to invest in something I dont have yet lol
If I were you, I'd purchase this bumper NOW. If for some reason you end up NOT owning a GK/FL Tib, you can easily sell it. There are plenty of Tibs in VA that would love to have a limited export only Hana for the GK/FLs.

Don't count on this being available 6 months later. You read from Italia this is basically a special production run Hana is kindly doing for us US & UE owners. The minimum is 25 orders to be collected, any more of course is welcome but you can count on the fact that each bumper delivered globally will be accounted for. Shipping is expensive as well as all the detail involved with production. They aren't going to have bumpers lying around.

I know it seems like putting a cart in front of the horse, but if you are truly serious about getting a Tiburon and want this bumper, NOW is your opportunity.

$390 + shipping might seem like a lot for just a bumper cover, but keep in mind this:
  • Its an authentic, Korean made Hana product
  • Custom made for USDM
  • Limited export production run
  • Possibly a one time deal
  • Exclusivity!
Should 25 only be produced and sent here, know that you are the owner of an item that only less than .5% of the global Tiburon community has and thats probably a generous assumption.

Aside from all the statistics, its a DAMN good looking bumper.

Lets get it up to 45 orders so we can get the Polyurethane material! If you ever get into a minor/moderate accident, at least you know your RARE bumper has a better chance to survive!

Otherwise, watch out for elephants!

·
Registered
490 Posts
as much as i understand this...hana is only making 25 of these, so maybe once their done with the 25 they could trash the mold...THIS COULD POSSIBLY BE THE LAST TIME HANA IS DOING THIS!....but we dont know....better safe than sorry, so i see it as a rarity as only 25 tibs in the whole U.S will have this bumper, just my .02, deposit sent.

1 - 20 of 213 Posts