13061 - 13079 of 13079 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Claff have you ever run with capital driving club the car looks very familiar
I hadn't run with CDC in a very long time (4 years?) but now that they've started running in Waldorf I have. I ran with them the last time in Waldorf, which was probably a month ago, with my CRX. I will run with them tomorrow in my Miata.

·
Registered
53 Posts
P.S Is anyone willing to change my rear valve cover gasket? (have parts in hand) I would do it, I just don't feel comfortable with doing so. Not sure if anyone here has experience taking about the tib apart and what not.

I'm willing to pay $, dealer is trying to rip me of badly for such a job. over $150 for such a thing SMH

·
Registered
125 Posts
P.S Is anyone willing to change my rear valve cover gasket? (have parts in hand) I would do it, I just don't feel comfortable with doing so. Not sure if anyone here has experience taking about the tib apart and what not.

I'm willing to pay $, dealer is trying to rip me of badly for such a job. over $150 for such a thing SMH
I mean as far as i know, you gotta remove the upper intake to do the rear. It would take a little while. And while its off, it would be a good time to replace your spark plugs and wires.

·
Administrator
8,816 Posts
I mean as far as i know, you gotta remove the upper intake to do the rear. It would take a little while. And while its off, it would be a good time to replace your spark plugs and wires.
+1, the UIM needs to be off to do the plugs & wires as well, might as well as do all of it at once.

It's not hard to do, read the "Plug DIY" which will cover most of the gasket change.
Did you also get the "plug well seals"?

Biggest "issue" with removing the UIM is getting the throttle body bracket back in the correct place..... it does NOT go between the TB & UIM!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I got my car serviced last year (September 14) & replaced the wires and plugs, just not the rear gasket. Mechanic that I used moved, so I can't go back to him. Front gasket was replaced and silcone sealed though.

·
Registered
145 Posts
played tag last night going up rt5 in southern maryland with a 03-04 glitter purple with white lightning across the entire car tiburon. had 7 inch steel chrome rims and the ming garage wide body.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Spotted a red/black bodykitted Tiburon in my neighborhood today. It was parked in a driveway a couple streets away, never seen it before. The thing looked like it came right out of 2004.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello fellow Tiburon owners! I too reside in Maryland..Frederick to be exact. If y’all are close, you should come by irregular imports! It’s a group of cars and entusiasts that meet up every other wednesday (today is a meet) from 7-10. I’m one of only 2 Tiburons that show up...We meet in the Walmart parking lot on Guilford Drive, Frederick 21701. It’s near sonic (look it up)!

13061 - 13079 of 13079 Posts