Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I bought cams with these specs. (.340 Lift, .210 Duration, .110 Seperation) I'm wanting to install them, but my question is can I do it without having adjustable cam gears/sprockets? i.e. would I have any timing issues(car is my DD)? Or shoud I just wait till I get them to do a full install?
I would like to regrind my cams with this specs but i would like to know if I have to regrind the four cams with this specs or just the admission cams and is it the same specs for the 4 cams?

·
Registered
54 Posts
nice thread

·
Registered
1 Posts
Look I'm just going to say im not mechanically minded and im not sure if it would be worth getting a cam for my 05 tiburon. Can any suggest somethin? im looking at spending around 2000 or so on it.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Look I'm just going to say im not mechanically minded and im not sure if it would be worth getting a cam for my 05 tiburon. Can any suggest somethin? im looking at spending around 2000 or so on it.
sure why not. of course if not done so get I/H/E first. then a set of cams would be a nice upgrade to the motor next

·
Registered
209 Posts
So I have had a stock pair of cams lying around with Colt cam gears. Was wondering how much I'd be looking at for labor wise (estimate) on putting these in once theyre reground. Crower quoted me 300 to regrind them but Im wondering from members who have put them in about how much it cost to see if this is worth it to me..I already have all the other supporting mods, so that's not a problem.

·
Registered
351 Posts
[/URL][/IMG]

I sent my cams to Crower Cams and wanted the same specs as cam card ID: E-64012.
When I got them back it had a different cam card ID: F-8997.
As you can see in the photo, it has the same specs.
Does it matter that the cam card ID 's are different?
Sorry for the lack of knowledge on this subject.
THANKS in advance!

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
[/URL][/IMG]

I sent my cams to Crower Cams and wanted the same specs as cam card ID: E-64012.
When I got them back it had a different cam card ID: F-8997.
As you can see in the photo, it has the same specs.
Does it matter that the cam card ID 's are different?
Sorry for the lack of knowledge on this subject.
THANKS in advance!
If the specs are then same then no.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey I just want to know how much thses mods would cost.* I don't have any mods on my Tib so far.* I have had it for about a year and in a few months I will be stationed in Korea.* A few guys at work were telling me to get a n intercooler installed.* But they don't have a Tib and* mods for cars could be different from car to car.* I don't know the first thing about modding a car.* lol.* Thanks for the input in advance.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Help with cam allignment

I have installed Crower stage iii cams and my 2,7l V6 will not start. Question is:
I have piston 1 at top. At that time I have got all marks aligned. If I give one turn on the crank wheel then cam wheel is not at their marks. 2 turn and they are at place again.

If I give one turn and adjust the cam wheels would that make any difference.

I thought it was okay if piston 1(closest to firewall passenger side) is at top when all marks are aligned
Here is my first try startup:http://youtu.be/k-1YtXlv4kg Sounds like no comp??

·
Administrator
9,165 Posts
Re: Help with cam allignment

I have installed Crower stage iii cams and my 2,7l V6 will not start. Question is:
I have piston 1 at top. At that time I have got all marks aligned. If I give one turn on the crank wheel then cam wheel is not at their marks. 2 turn and they are at place again.

If I give one turn and adjust the cam wheels would that make any difference.

I thought it was okay if piston 1 (closest to firewall passenger side) is at top when all marks are aligned
Here is my first try startup:http://youtu.be/k-1YtXlv4kg Sounds like no comp??
Because this is a 4 cycle engine (most common engine used, another type used is a 2 stroke, mostly used in dirtbikes and chain saws) the crank turns 720* (2 full turns) for every 360* of cam rotation. This is what you're seeing and is normal.

Normal setting is to get cylinder #1 at TDC (top dead center), align the crank mark, then install the cams and align their marks.

Yes, #1 is "left rear" (when standing at the front bumper) or closest to firewall passenger side as you stated.

Did you get the correct cam in the correct spot? Intakes towards the "V" of the engine, the exhausts towards the outer edges?

PS, hope you resolved this, it's been over a month. Figured I would add troubleshooting in case someone else had a similar issue. Post up if you resolved it, please.

·
Administrator
9,165 Posts
Hey I just want to know how much these mods would cost.* I don't have any mods on my Tib so far.* I have had it for about a year and in a few months I will be stationed in Korea.* A few guys at work were telling me to get a n intercooler installed.* But they don't have a Tib and* mods for cars could be different from car to car.* I don't know the first thing about modding a car.* lol.* Thanks for the input in advance.
Intercoolers are for FI engines (FI = Forced Induction...... supercharger or turbocharger) NOT NA (normally aspirated). Yes, you could add one, but it won't do anything for performance except to lighten your wallet.
When you compress a gas (like air) it heats up. The more you compress it, the more it heats up. Warm/hot air has less oxygen molecules in it, thus you add less fuel and get less power. The hot air can also cause detonation/knock which is bad for your engine. The intercooler drops the temp down of the compressed air making a number of gains.

61 - 80 of 118 Posts