Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Intercoolers are for FI engines (FI = Forced Induction...... supercharger or turbocharger) NOT NA (normally aspirated). Yes, you could add one, but it won't do anything for performance except to lighten your wallet.
When you compress a gas (like air) it heats up. The more you compress it, the more it heats up. Warm/hot air has less oxygen molecules in it, thus you add less fuel and get less power. The hot air can also cause detonation/knock which is bad for your engine. The intercooler drops the temp down of the compressed air making a number of gains.
Hi
Sorry have not seen this Message until today. Yes the trouble is solved. What I did was.
The two exhaust cams are different. And as they did not have any mark I had 50% chance to get it right, but I didn`t. I mounted the cam which was ment for the front line to the rear line. Lucky that nothing was damaged. Now the car has a beautiful sound and run With no trouble.
Thank you very much for helping.

·
Administrator
9,165 Posts
Hi Roger, I know you resolved it, I read your other thread where you gave good info on swapping cams between heads (actually, how NOT to swap cams).

I have linked your other thread a couple of times because it was good info.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
How are the cams running Jake?

After months of procastination im finally installing my cams this month. looking forward to it.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
How are the cams running Jake?

After months of procastination im finally installing my cams this month. looking forward to it.
Cams are great! I definitely love the extra power around 3500+ RPM. Eventually I am going to try a set of Colt Stage 2 cams if I ever get the money (also need those KDM Stage 3 heads). Time to start saving up haha

·
Registered
435 Posts
Good luck on the Colts there has only been 1 set of them come up for sale used in I would say the last 18 months and I bought them there still sitting in the box I got them in but the time is near for me to install them and hope I don't pop the motor like nerv(previous owner) did and if all goes well I will be the most powerful na auto tiburon in the states

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Good luck on the Colts there has only been 1 set of them come up for sale used in I would say the last 18 months and I bought them there still sitting in the box I got them in but the time is near for me to install them and hope I don't pop the motor like nerv(previous owner) did and if all goes well I will be the most powerful na auto tiburon in the states
Im not worried about finding them. How the heck did he pop his motor? I know these cams need lash caps but still.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Where can I find more info about the colt cams? Are they reground stock cams? Also are they pre speced or does the buyer have to send that info in to colt. Any info is greatly appreciated. Have been looking around all day for more info on these.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Where can I find more info about the colt cams? Are they reground stock cams? Also are they pre speced or does the buyer have to send that info in to colt. Any info is greatly appreciated. Have been looking around all day for more info on these.
You can call Colt directly and talk with the guy on specifics for the cams. He does have some specced out cams already: Stage 1: being .340 lift and Stage 2: being .363 lift. Both of those cams specs are using their tri-flo technology. As for any other details you should just make a call.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Oh ya not sure if anyone knows or not but... you can use HKS cams from a 3000GT same engine design well same head so those work wonders ive heard =)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hey Jake my stage 2 colts(.365 lift) in my auto tragic work great and I still have plenty of bottom end to make you smile for days I don't even listen to the radio any more just me and the windows down no cats and tons of air and noise pollution

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Hey Jake my stage 2 colts(.365 lift) in my auto tragic work great and I still have plenty of bottom end to make you smile for days I don't even listen to the radio any more just me and the windows down no cats and tons of air and noise pollution
yeah I hate you for the fact you got Colt cams. I talked with the guy at colt and he said those might not be to street friendly but the fact that you can run them with the automatic is a very good sign. Eventually I will snag me some when I get the KDM-R heads and extra $$$. I am tempted to sell the iPhone I have just to get the cams haha Totally worth it.

Also, how do the cams feel, more so, when do you feel them kick in I guess?

81 - 100 of 118 Posts