Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 7304 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Re: New Mexico

Six Speed said:
Hey everyone just wondering how many members from New Mexico we have around here?
Let me see, umm you and me...There sums it up.. :3_coool:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I think there was a guy from alamo to right? Who knows.....we live in mother earths dirty anus, at least everyone else was smart enough to stay outta here :) the worst thing is i actually dont mind living in this ****hole.

·
Registered
326 Posts

Yeah, this place does suck..Las Cruces, I freaking call it Lost Causes. It sucks living here, but what can you do it's the Land of Entrapment. Well it could be worse. I think there's like 2 or 3 other NM members on here, but they rarely post. There used to be a couple of El Paso people too, but they all stopped posting. I met one of the EP people, he was cool, he gave me his sub. He has the silver tib with the metaphor kit on it. Lately I was the only one posting from the area..

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

yeah i read some stuff from those guys before i joined. Dont think ive seen the silver tib your talking about. Haha thats funny my grandma calls NM the land of entrapment too because she got a speeding ticket and feels like it was entrapment cuz the cop hid behind a bush on the highway. Old people.

Oh yah, i saw in another thread you made a reference to "your classroom" are you a teacher? Just wondering cuz my mom had a student teacher who drove a tib and was a guy. Pretty cool dude.

·
Registered
326 Posts

Yeah, I'm a teacher. I don't think I'm the same guy that your mom had in her class. I student taught with a male teacher. Please excuse my writing on these boards, my grammar is atrocious. That's why I teach science. It's kind of funny, there are several tiburons in town, but I don't see any of them on here. I know there was this one guy who drove a silver tiburon with a big shark decal, who used to be on here. The guy with the silver tiburon with the metaphor kit lives in El Paso, if he still owns the car, I think he might put it in the coming show on the 28th at the convention center. Let me see if I can find a picture of it, I took a bunch of pictures of his car. His is probably the nicest looking tib in the area so far..I wanted to get the Zefiro widebody, but it's just too expensive..

·
Registered
326 Posts

Here's another pic...I just noticed, there are more people on here from NM, I just haven't seen them post, maybe I'm just not posting or reading where they post. Just glancing through the threads I remembered a few NM threads started. They usually die off since no one posts in them.

Here are some of the other people around here.
Redzman ABQ
geeq smooth Las Cruces
tylerdude (sp?) ABQ
Zebra New Mexico
1900 hustler Alamogordo
redtibby03 ABQ

I think there's one or two more..

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Those are some pretty awesome pics that kit looks great. I havent done any body work yet, but i plan on it. What kind of mods do you plan on (if any)? Yeah and my mom had him just this last year so maybe it wasnt you, and now that i think of it i think it was his girlfriends tib. She was ****ing hot.

·
Registered
326 Posts

Mods, probably just exhaust, headers, and rims...I'm going to mod my other car instead.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Cool man, what is your other car? My old one was a 97 Eclipse GST, It was modded and ran awesome and faster then hell. Then i lent i to my cousin for a month over the summer when i visited germany, and she totaled it the day before i got back. I haven't talked to that fat piece of **** yet because she did nothing to right her wrong here. All that money came outta my pocket as it was her fault, and i didnt have full coverage. It all worked at i got my tib now.

·
Registered
326 Posts

Well, I have an NA 91 Toyota MR2.. I'm planning on doing a J-Spec 3GSTE turbo engine swap with an lsd tranny. Then I want to slap on a TOM's body kit with a black and white color scheme, kind of like an NSX. I want to paint the roof black and the rest of the car white. I've seen a yellow one with that kind of paint scheme, it kind of sucks he beat me to it, but oh well. I also want to put some nice 17" or 18" rims. Not sure on the brand of rim though, I might go with a gunmetal or black with a chrome lip. But so far that's my plan I will see if I actually get to do all that...Damn that sucks about your eclipse, those are pretty bad @ss. what are you thinking of doing to your tib?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I have intake and custom exhaust ready for me, after a few months i might get a supercharger and a subtle lip kit. I think the tib looks damn sexy as it is so no huge body mods. I am dropping it once i get the exhaust, and i have some tuscani emblems. I hard some problems with the car so everything is still waiting to be put on. Have you seen that purple MR2 Turbo in town? I wanted to race him with the eclipse but it never happened, oh well when the tib is supercharged ill give it a shot. I Love the MR2 btw, awesome little cars

·
Registered
326 Posts

I've seen the Purple one once, I heard that sucker is fast. The only other ones I've seen is the yellow with black, a few non moded ones and a green widebody kitted one. I like the tib, but I think I will end up spending much more money modding the tib than I would the MR2. The MR2's engine and tranny will run me 2,500 plus my cousin can install it so I would get that cheap. The body kit is about 500 and the paint job, I know this guy that could do it for a grand. I wanted to supercharge the tib, but I don't know after reading everybodies cars on here, I feel that maybe I shouldn't mod it all out. I agree with you on how the car looks. I'm leaving my car looking stock. Maybe I might put some 18" rims, I've converted the front end to an 05 bumper, headlights, and foglights. I also have the Australian T emblems and a crappy custom exhuast.

·
Registered
326 Posts

BTW, if you do get the lip kit, don't get it painted at ABC body and paint, they suck!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts

Hey,
I just noticed this thread!!! I live in Cloudcroft, right up the hill from Alamo and Hollaman AFB. I just got a 2004 Tib. I love it!!!! I have started a few small mods, nothing major because my dad is afraid about voiding the warranty, LOL, oh well, it runs pretty darn good the way it is. Well i will talk to you guys later, glad to see that there are fellow tib owners in the state that are pasionate about their vehicles!
Peace out
JB

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Hey whats up JB good to see were not the only ones from NM here. I think there were a few more people on here as was said earlier but i dont know. The tib is a lot of fun i call it my "pvssy getter" hahaha. What kind of plans do you have for your car man? Oh yeah, wouldnt it suck to live in cloudcroft? Its a beautiful place but isnt it a bit small haha? Nice to meet you check back in here sometimes and we'll try to keep this thread alive.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

That purple MR2 is really fast, its a girl driver too :) The BOV on that thing.....every time i hear it i have to change pants, its awesome. It will be cool if you get yours all done up because not many people around here mod them. Hey where did you get your custom exhaust done? I am looking for the best price ive heard of customs only running like 75 bucks, and what mufflers do you have? I know a guy in T or C that has no mufflers, just tips on his tib and it sounds ok. And what sucks about ABC painting overpriced or ****ty work?

·
Registered
326 Posts

Well, my custom exhaust was already on the car when I bought it. It has two G-force mufflers, it's an ok exhuast, I just think it's robbing power though. The nice thing about them, is that it actually has a V8ish sound to them. ABC sucks because of their work ethic and sh1tty worksmanship, they totally screwed up my paint. I had to repaint my car because my car is a salvaged car and the paint that was put on after the previous owner fixed it sucked, so I took it to ABC and they totally screwed it up. They had to repaint it twice, because the first time had massive amounts of over spray from another car, the second paint job had orange peel...Man I was so pissed. So don't take it to them.. I'm hoping to fix up the MR2 later this year, I'm just waiting to see what happens with this land I just bought. I need to make sure that I have enough for the down payment and then I will work on the MR2..

What's up JB, I actually own a piece of land in cloudcroft..I was going to build a cabin out there, but I need to build a home here first..I like that town, it's nice and quiet..Yeah, I hear you about the warranty, I can actually mod the hell out of my car, since it has no warranty.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Dang man sounds like you had a rough time with abc huh? That sucks balls. So you dont have any idea what your custom cost? Mine was 220. V8ish sounds are nice.....thats what im looking for thats why i asked bout your mufflers. Hopefully you'll have the left over money for your MR2 project after your land purchase. BTW, Now that were kinda on the topic im a real estate appraiser, so if you do decide to build a place in the LC area maybe i can give you some contact info. Good luck with your cabin building though man.

1 - 20 of 7304 Posts