Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

How do I install this sucker? I bought it off eBay, the brand is Megan Racing, or something like that. ; ) It didn't come with any directions. Just the catch can, the hose, and the little harness or whatever it is in the picture. Anyone with pics or some decent advice installing it. I doubt it's a real complicated matter, just not sure..

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Looks like the exact same one I have but I bought mine from a store online. First off, go to the auto store and get some gasket material (3-4 bucks) cause the top gasket on mine was crap and caused a vaccum leak. Second, go to Home Depot and get a L shaped bracket cause the one they send is flimsey as hell. I mounted my bracket to one of the holes where the OEM air box was. Oh yeah while your at the auto store get some hose line too cause that other stuff is crap. I paid $63 for my can BTW and it's called a Pro Logic.

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
I put mine in that top right corner. It works perfectly lol. No bolts nothing, those wires are holding it just fine, the hood/strut bar prevents it from jumping up. Not really hard to put in or take out, a bit tight. Anyone with this oil catch can I would put it there lol.

Edit: How did you notice the vacuum leak? Mine was sealed already from flyride or I suppose maybe MegRyan buys these from prologic and just seals them better then claims it as their own because that top part doesnt come off when you take out the bolts.

Attachments

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
I'm sure just letting it sit there isn't the best idea...

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
i plan to get one of these off ebay. get some gasket stuff and take care of any potential problem areas

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I could tell there was a vaccum leak because you could hear the air being sucked in lol and when I put my finger next to the seam you could feel it too.

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
I could tell there was a vaccum leak because you could hear the air being sucked in lol and when I put my finger next to the seam you could feel it too.
Yeah I made sure to feel around and nothing. I guess whatever company made/sold it sealed it well. Just wondering if its like a vacuum leak like when your manifold isnt on tight enough.

·
Registered
22 Posts
are these catch cans really needed? I know its a cheap fix but is it worth it?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
lostdestiny14 said:
No u dont need it unless you have a stage. 4, then you would wnat it because you dont want oil getting on the IATsensor
The OE intake manifold has the IAT sensor in the manifold; so why would the stage 4 require this and not stock? lol.

Pretty much everyone could use an oil catch can to keep there PCV systems in check (but that doesn't mean everybody needs one). Mainly, the higher up, power wise, you go, the more you should invest in a catch can.

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
The OE intake manifold has the IAT sensor in the manifold; so why would the stage 4 require this and not stock? lol.

Pretty much everyone could use an oil catch can to keep there PCV systems in check (but that doesn't mean everybody needs one). Mainly, the higher up, power wise, you go, the more you should invest in a catch can.
Because the IAT sensor is on the bottom of the manifold for the stage. 4 rather than on the side of the stock one.

Also the stage 4 plenium is alot larger than stock and the runners are more on the top than the bottom, so oil can build up. Its not something that'll happen right away because I didnt have a catch can for a good month and there wasnt too much oil. Anyways just get a catch can when u get a stg. 4, you dont want to spend more money get that sensor replaced.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Because the IAT sensor is on the bottom of the manifold for the stage. 4 rather than on the side of the stock one.

Also the stage 4 plenium is alot larger than stock and the runners are more on the top than the bottom, so oil can build up. Its not something that'll happen right away because I didnt have a catch can for a good month and there wasnt too much oil. Anyways just get a catch can when u get a stg. 4, you dont want to spend more money get that sensor replaced.
oooh; how odd that is odd on the bottom... silly TC lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts