·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It fits nicely.:3_winkthu
thanks for the pic, dude. you're right, it does fit quiet nicely. I'm ordering one in a few days.

About the mounting bracket, did it come with the catch can or you custom-fabbed it? And did you have to drill those holes where's it's mounted in your pic? and how do you empty it, is the lid under the can?

Thanks man. Sorry to bombard you with all these Qs, but it's either you or that tumbleweed behind you in this thread. :)

·
Nick-Yes, I have boost!
3,317 Posts
So this will work for the i4 as well then? Does anyone have a pic of it on an i4?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not only does it look good, but great value as well!

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
thanks for the pic, dude. you're right, it does fit quiet nicely. I'm ordering one in a few days.

About the mounting bracket, did it come with the catch can or you custom-fabbed it? And did you have to drill those holes where's it's mounted in your pic? and how do you empty it, is the lid under the can?

Thanks man. Sorry to bombard you with all these Qs, but it's either you or that tumbleweed behind you in this thread. :)
It came exactly how it looks, bracket and all. I was actually surprised because the bracket is a lot better than the one they picture on their site. I didn't have to drill any holes at all, and there is a drain plug on the bottom. It really is a very nice catch tank.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's pretty cool, they weren't kidding when they said "universal"! No holes drilled, has the mounting bracket, that's really great!

Thanks for the info, man. PM sent! did the hoses come with the kit as well?

+rep for you, man.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
That's pretty cool, they weren't kidding when they said "universal"! No holes drilled, has the mounting bracket, that's really great!

Thanks for the info, man. PM sent! did the hoses come with the kit as well?

+rep for you, man.
Nope, it didn't come with the hoses but they were only a few bucks. It did come with some cheap clear hose but I wouldn't use that.

·
Registered
430 Posts
looks good...ill be picking one up

·
Registered
386 Posts
Just to let you know, xxx xxx xxxxx xxx xxxx xxx xxx xxxx xxx xxxx xx xxxxx. xxxx xxx xxx xxx xxxxxx xxx xxxxx xxxx. xx xxxx xxx xxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxx xx xxxxxxxxx xxx xxxxxxxx, xxx xxx xxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx:) xxxxxxxxx xxxx xxx xxxx xxxx xxxx:)

looks good...ill be picking one up

Admin Edited: Just to let you know, this is in a sponsor's forum. No lowballing, especially here.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Money sent! :)

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
I am totally getting this soon,,,and its for a really good price!!!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Sorry for the nubness but what exactly does this do? and when does it become useful? like if you just have I/E can you use this or is it just for boost?

·
Registered
17 Posts
it uses the the unused fuel without pullin oil threw the intake manifold, oil get trapped in catch can while the fuel in it evaporates and gets sucked back into the motor. the only thing is you gotta make sure its set at a lower point than the nipple coming off the head or the oil wont flow into it.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry for the nubness but what exactly does this do? and when does it become useful? like if you just have I/E can you use this or is it just for boost?
The can collects oil and blow by gas that causes sludge to build up in your engine eventually. This is more of an issue when you're F/I i believe, especially when Turbocharged (to prevent the gunk from recirculating and entering the intercooler). There is no harm at all in installing one though even if you are N/A. It just keeps everything clean internally.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Thanks weapon R!!! I just got mine in the mail, the quality looks great.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
that makes two of us!!! i got mine today too and it's very nice and well-packaged, just like the ETD i got from you guys.

I'll install it soon and post piccies here so you can see how lovely it is.

I just wish you guys had more products for the Tiburon, aside from the seat brackets, throttle rotors, etc. Why dobn't you guys make us some headers so we can buy 'em?

:)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts