Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
It fits nicely.:3_winkthu
How did you mount it up like that? Did you do any drilling? I looked at the same spot on my tib but there is no hole where I can bolt it to. There is just a hole that is plugged up or something. How did you get that plug out?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I was actually wondering the same thing. I can't find the holes on my car on that area either. Maybe they were drilled?

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
How did you mount it up like that? Did you do any drilling? I looked at the same spot on my tib but there is no hole where I can bolt it to. There is just a hole that is plugged up or something. How did you get that plug out?
If you pop that little black plug out there are threads there, that's where I mounted mine. I just used a flathead screwdriver and a pair of needle nose pliers and the plug pulled right out.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hey guys, so i opened up my hood today to try and install the can, but some of the metal lines which i think are hooked up to the brake booster comes in the way. I can't line it up with the black threaded plug and the strut housing area. i've already got my can a bit scrathy trying to find a way where it will sit without being too tall.

Also, there's a thing that looks like a magnet or something (you can see it in the picture, connected to those same hard brake booster lines... is it safe to take that off?)

need some ideas on alternative placement of the can. :(

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Hey guys, so i opened up my hood today to try and install the can, but some of the metal lines which i think are hooked up to the brake booster comes in the way. I can't line it up with the black threaded plug and the strut housing area. i've already got my can a bit scrathy trying to find a way where it will sit without being too tall.

Also, there's a thing that looks like a magnet or something (you can see it in the picture, connected to those same hard brake booster lines... is it safe to take that off?)

need some ideas on alternative placement of the can. :(

Man it will fit if you take off that useless hunk of metal, I forgot that was even there as I took it off a long time ago. All it is heavy piece of metal bolted there for no reason, I'd say it weighs close to a pound. It's not a magnet and it doesn't serve a purpose so just take it off. With that gone the can will fit and will clear the brake lines. The drain plug on mine is just above the lines but it doesn't touch them. Trust me it fits.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Man it will fit if you take off that useless hunk of metal, I forgot that was even there as I took it off a long time ago. All it is heavy piece of metal bolted there for no reason, I'd say it weighs close to a pound. It's not a magnet and it doesn't serve a purpose so just take it off. With that gone the can will fit and will clear the brake lines. The drain plug on mine is just above the lines but it doesn't touch them. Trust me it fits.
Thanks man, i trust you. I just thought since mine was an F/L maybe that bit was different. i didn't know it was useless and thought it did something with the braklines. What an idiotic thing to do, bolt a chunk of magnet-looking metal that does nothing.

I'm taking that piece of turd off tomorrow and will give it another whack.

:3_winkthu :5thanks:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Thanks man, i trust you. I just thought since mine was an F/L maybe that bit was different. i didn't know it was useless and thought it did something with the braklines. What an idiotic thing to do, bolt a chunk of magnet-looking metal that does nothing.

I'm taking that piece of turd off tomorrow and will give it another whack.

:3_winkthu :5thanks:
ok help me out here.....wat peice are u guys exactly talking about removing? can you repost the pic with the piece circled? thanks

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
ok help me out here.....wat peice are u guys exactly talking about removing? can you repost the pic with the piece circled? thanks
You see that round thing with the bolt in the top of it right next to his intake pipe? That's it. Remove it , it's pointless. Sometimes I think Hyundai adds weight to their cars on purpose.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Sometimes I think Hyundai adds weight to their cars on purpose.
lol

villain, it's that thing that looks like a magnet on the right edge of the MAF on the photo.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Ok weird thing. So this whole time, everytime I went into boost and accelerated past 3 psi, my needle would flicker like it wasn't holding boost. I checked for vac leaks for ever and couldn't find any so I assumed it was the belt slipping. Anyway after installing this and launching my car, I hit 5 psi easily!! Hmmm so I guess in a way this 40 dollar purchase helped me fix that leak hahaha. Anyway as for the install I found out that the can fit a lot better if you unscrew the bracket and flip it upside down or something. I don't know I say just loosen it up and play with it at different angle so you can get better fitment.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Okays, the catch can is finally installed. I took of that crappy magnet looking thing that was coming in the way just like bluegtv6 said.

I couldn't get the can to sit straight while using the bolt holes on the supplied bracket, and i had issues also clearing the fuse box cover, so i had to drill another hole to the right of the center of the bracket (right if your facing the can) and bolted it on with one bolt and finish. Now it sits just like bluegtv6's sits, i swear i dunno what was wrong but maybe my bracket was a bit different, or things got a bit more cramped in that area of the engine bay with the F/L tibs.

Thanks bluegtv6 for your help, and thank WR for the awesome catch-can. it looks pretty. :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
No problem man, I'm glad you got it in there. That stupid piece of metal is pretty heavy isn't it ? I don't don't see where it serves any function at all. I just don't know what Hyundai was thiking when they did that.
Pretty damn much, i was surprised at how heavy it was. You could definitely kill someone with that if you threw it at them. I wonder how my 1/4 is now that i got rid of all that weight? lol.

I finally snapped some pix, forgive the quality though as it's night time now and it's a cameraphone.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Pretty damn much, i was surprised at how heavy it was. You could definitely kill someone with that if you threw it at them. I wonder how my 1/4 is now that i got rid of all that weight? lol.

I finally snapped some pix, forgive the quality though as it's night time now and it's a cameraphone.

Damn look like we were just giving you info about this a couple of days ago that's crazy. Another NT member down. RIP TibDubai AKA sparky

21 - 36 of 36 Posts