Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To make a long story short, when I first added my new header, I overlooked putting the OIL dipstick holder/dipstick into the block. So when I started my car.... lots and lots of oil got everywhere under my header, around the engine etc. Now ive been driving my car for about a month sense then, and when i REALLY pound on the throttle and hold it, you can smell an oil like substance. Now ive checked my oil levels, and im checking out ok, as well as my coolent.

How long would it take to burn away the 2 1/2 quarts of oil that sprayed out? lol I washed away most of it, but there is still area's I know i cant reach. Will this just take weeks? I've tried engine degreaser but It still couldnt get all of it, and im trying to avoid showering my entire engine.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
why not clean the engine? in my city most of the autowashes do it like that: cover everything hating water like alternator, filter, alarm horn , spray a lot of chemical fluid for non-contact autowash and then after 5 minutes wash it away with rather big water pressure. pardon my english.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It should go away sooner or later, just set the HVAC to recirculation if you don't want to smell the burnt oil in the meanwhile.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts