Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a little shocked cause I can't find it and I swear the 06 SE model has a stock sub!Please tell me where it is!

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
It should be on the left when you open the hatch.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I thought the SE's don't have a sub ... I thought the sub only came with the Inifity system and the new SE models come with that fancy Kenwood MP3 player & Multiguages ...

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dangit!!! Now I gotta buy one tomarrow! ****

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I don't have a sub. I was planning to go aftermarket anyway. So I guess it's cool.

·
Registered
13 Posts
IronEddie42 said:
I thought the SE's don't have a sub ... I thought the sub only came with the Inifity system and the new SE models come with that fancy Kenwood MP3 player & Multiguages ...
Screw that Kenwood. Mine crapped out right out of the gate. I've been fighting with the two of the local Hyundai dealers trying to get it exchanged. They keep telling me that the MP3's I'm using are "protected" and that's why it won't play them. I'm like, "Dude - wtf? - I've been a musician for fifteen years. Things like MP3's are my business...there's no such thing as a protected MP3" (WMA's, yes...mp3's? - NO!). So, of course I didn't win. However, it recently quit playing store-bought CD's as well. So, if they can't b.s. their way outta' that one...then I should be getting a new one soon. I've read that the model they use is crap.

Oh, I almost forgot - the service manager at the second place told me that Hyundai didn't use Kenwood's in the '05 SE. When I assured him that they did he said, "Sir, let me reiterate - it's an aftermarket". I told him the faceplate had a Hyundai emblem right next to the Kenwood emblem - after being put on hold he came back and said, "Oh, apparently they did use Kenwood's". Never once did I hear an "I'm sorry for my crap-lousy attitude". :3_got-hoo

·
Registered
606 Posts
dannx said:
Screw that Kenwood. Mine crapped out right out of the gate. I've been fighting with the two of the local Hyundai dealers trying to get it exchanged. They keep telling me that the MP3's I'm using are "protected" and that's why it won't play them. I'm like, "Dude - wtf? - I've been a musician for fifteen years. Things like MP3's are my business...there's no such thing as a protected MP3" (WMA's, yes...mp3's? - NO!). So, of course I didn't win. However, it recently quit playing store-bought CD's as well. So, if they can't b.s. their way outta' that one...then I should be getting a new one soon. I've read that the model they use is crap.

Oh, I almost forgot - the service manager at the second place told me that Hyundai didn't use Kenwood's in the '05 SE. When I assured him that they did he said, "Sir, let me reiterate - it's an aftermarket". I told him the faceplate had a Hyundai emblem right next to the Kenwood emblem - after being put on hold he came back and said, "Oh, apparently they did use Kenwood's". Never once did I hear an "I'm sorry for my crap-lousy attitude". :3_got-hoo
well thats because they dont have to appologize to you!! you already have the car..... after you drive it off the lot get ready for nothing but we dont knows and lies.... im used to it by now taking my car in three times for a really bad torque steer problem to be told theres nothing wrong... had the same problem with the HU as well but we just called the big wigs and said the word "attorney" and it got fixed! sometimes you gotta be an ash hole to get your point across..

end rant..

·
Registered
81 Posts
nkeshx said:
well thats because they dont have to appologize to you!! you already have the car..... after you drive it off the lot get ready for nothing but we dont knows and lies.... im used to it by now taking my car in three times for a really bad torque steer problem to be told theres nothing wrong... had the same problem with the HU as well but we just called the big wigs and said the word "attorney" and it got fixed! sometimes you gotta be an ash hole to get your point across..

end rant..
My girlfriend already had to have her's replaced as well. We got lucky, they changed it without a problem. I was surprised!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.