Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Black Tibby GT automatic. I bought it in May.........It only had 30,151 miles on it and the previoius owner had installed a CAI, Viper Alarm with remote and a JVC head unit. He also installed new mufflers.....not a cat back, just replaced the mufflers.

So now I am regretting buy this car.............I love driving it and it is quick and fun to drive, but this person screwed up my eletrical.

I had a leak..............when i rained hard the water was dripping down on my foot (dead rest). The next morning (about 3 weeks ago)......I had no: parking lights, turn signals, alarm, power door locks, power windows........what did work was: radio, heat, headlights and foglights and power roof.............a friend took a look at it and said the wiring is a mess, so what I gathered is that the previous owner installed everything himself...........put 2 HUGE holes in the fire wall......he also left the cable in there for the amp he had..............so my friend re-wired it so I could have parking lights..........since I drive to work in the dark and go home in the dark...........I took it to the dealer on Monday and that is where it has been since.

I know they won't cover it, but I am gonna fight it big time...........I am paying too much for this car (i bought the gap insurance and extended warranty) because I need to keep it for awhile...........I am gonna scream and fight it.

The previous owner also did the clear corner mod and painted the headlights black and I loved it, but he didn't seal them properly and they had condensation in them and water marks and they looked like crap. The dealer did replace them and gave me new headlights, but I HATE the orange lense and there is no way I could even try the DIY on the lights...........

I want my baby back.......................

·
Banned
312 Posts
How far is Hightstown from Cherry Hill... I'd clear corner them for you if you want, I did mine successfully.

·
Banned
312 Posts
I may be wrong, but I thought the lemon law only applied to new vehicles. And also, she may have bought it privately, where again, the lemon law wouldn't apply.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that Hightstown is about maybe an hr or more, but I am living in Asbury Park now........that would be cool.............cuz I would love to have it done!!! Thanks

I thought about the lemon law, also........your right, that is BS, they haven't said anything yet, but when my car is ready, they better be prepared!!!!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, I bought it from a Hyundai dealer..........

Also, when I bought it, the rear seat belts did not work, they replace them.......I know this car has been in an accident..........the bumper was repainted and not good, i might add........i want to get a CARfax report on it.

Let's see, since I got it in May they replaced....all under warranty........the sunroof shade, driver's power window switch, the headlights and the rear seatbelts.!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
the DIY on the headlights is really easy, you could do it, it takes a day and looks good. you don't even have to paint them and all you need is the oven some time and a philips screw driver. plus the guys/girls (want to be political correct :-] ) on here offer alot of help full advice. I hope you get your car up and going. best of luck

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did buy from a Hyundai dealer..............so they are gonna have a fight on there hands........I don't care................for christ's sake, the rear seatbelts didn't work and they sold the car like that!!! They didn't look this car over and if they did they let everything slide.................

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks shift21...........i have been on this site for awhile...........don't post much...........but I like reading what everyone has to say..........great information

·
Registered
744 Posts
Ya when I got my car like a week later after I bought it (used) the clutch went out, the replaced it free of charge. So take it to them, that's why you got the waranty for.

·
NT's master gardener
3,139 Posts
well the tiburon even before putting anything in it is known for electrical problems...I've had the passenger window go out, the BCM go out (right turn signal stopped working...inside and outside the car), and just recently i had an airbag light come on and they had to replace seatbelt buckles and said osmething about the CO2 thinger. its all been really really......fun....but all warranty so i'm not complaining.

but that sucks dude. if you have the warranty they can't tell you necessarily that you can't have electrical problems fixed. i have a sound system, ground wires, and an alarm system with remote start, and i've never been denied warranty work. so fight that.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks alot........I plan to..........A friend of mine said something about the Body Control Module........so we will see what the dealer says!!!!

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Shift21 said:
...the DIY on the headlights is really easy, you could do it, it takes a day and looks good...
Holy crap dude, it took a whole day to CC your headlights?
Back on-topic: sucks to hear about all the problems you're having with your tib. Hope you get everything fixed :)

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thank you so much.......I just got a call from the Service Manager........He said my accessories were working but they were having "different electrical situations" He asked me what aftermarket items I installed and I told him it was only the tail lights and bulbs and that was it....everything else was done by the previous owner............my friend who looked at it said the BCM was rusted, he had opened it up and looked at it........

But the car is still leaking!!!!!! They had the "water doctor" in there on Monday and he said the door splash shield was missing, whatever that is and he replaced it and tested it and at the time said there was no leak......well, my car must have been outside and it has rained all day and last nite and there is still a leak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I won't get my car back probably by Friday, the earliest................... :3_frusty:

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Also, the Service Manger said something about the Alarm being and problem and that I should have it removed and have the factory one put in...........I love my alarm with remote start........WTF

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
leela222 said:
thank you so much.......I just got a call from the Service Manager........He said my accessories were working but they were having "different electrical situations" He asked me what aftermarket items I installed and I told him it was only the tail lights and bulbs and that was it....everything else was done by the previous owner............my friend who looked at it said the BCM was rusted, he had opened it up and looked at it........

But the car is still leaking!!!!!! They had the "water doctor" in there on Monday and he said the door splash shield was missing, whatever that is and he replaced it and tested it and at the time said there was no leak......well, my car must have been outside and it has rained all day and last nite and there is still a leak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I won't get my car back probably by Friday, the earliest................... :3_frusty:
Wow, that really sucks. The only problems I had with my tib, were the door locks and window motors, which were all fixed under warranty.

·
Registered
78 Posts
leela222 said:
Nope, I bought it from a Hyundai dealer..........

Also, when I bought it, the rear seat belts did not work, they replace them.......I know this car has been in an accident..........the bumper was repainted and not good, i might add........i want to get a CARfax report on it.

Let's see, since I got it in May they replaced....all under warranty........the sunroof shade, driver's power window switch, the headlights and the rear seatbelts.!!!!!!
New, used, or third owner, all cars have a lifetime warranty on seatbelts, and dealerships have to fix them free of charge for the life of the car, that is mandated by the goverment.

You should have asked for a new bumper, or at least asked for a new one if you were to buy the car (unless you didn't notice it till afterward.) Or at least, ask them to knock down the price to stick with the badly painted bumper. (too late now though.)

You should have run a twenty dollar carfax report BEFORE buying the car.

All of these unfortunately are hindsight, and things you can take and learn from next time you buy a car.

5 to 1 odds says that the car you bought was a flood dump off from the Hurricanes or resulting floods of the southeast US (Florida, Louisiana, etc.) or simply was flooded whereever it is from. That would explain all the electricial wiring program.

I would DEMAND that either ALL the wiring be re-done, (if you really like the car, ) but more than that, I would probably demand a refund, or they buy back the car, completely or for a few hundred less. Or, ask to skip possible 'litigation or legal action' and trade it in, for a FAIR trade, towards another or new tib or car.

Kepp all your paperwork, take pictures of the water damage, :3_smiliec Record with a video camera the car not starting, the windows not working when the car is running, etc.

Best of luck though, and good luck. Remember you have to demand what you want, and set the tone that you will not be satisfied unless it is resolved fairly and to your satisfaction, no one else will be working for you and your satisfaction, especially not the dealership. :3_lijstje

Good luck with it, let us know how it goes... :3_saai:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Zona said:
all cars have a lifetime warranty on seatbelts, and dealerships have to fix them free of charge for the life of the car, that is mandated by the goverment.
Sorry, not true. Don't know where you got that info from. On Hyundai, seat belts are covered under the 5yr/60k mile bumper to bumper warranty.

·
Registered
36 Posts
GTea said:
How far is Hightstown from Cherry Hill... I'd clear corner them for you if you want, I did mine successfully.
Would you wanna CC my headlights? I'm about an hour from Highstown and always willing to make a trip. :)

·
Banned
312 Posts
LowSonoma1999 said:
Sorry, not true. Don't know where you got that info from. On Hyundai, seat belts are covered under the 5yr/60k mile bumper to bumper warranty.
Don't the seatbelts fall under the supplemental restraint system, which is like seven years. There are govenment mandated warranties for the SRS system, emissions, and something else.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts