Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so my factory clutch is starting to give....i still got a lil time on it but im goin to need a new one....i have an i4 beta II in my 2008 tibby that i plan on keeping n/a. i want a clutch that will hold the power and stand abuse on the track and street....i dont drive it hard all the time but if im on the track i rip the thing hard. anyway my goal for the car is 200hp n/a....and i need a clutch that will handle it. any ideas suggestions that ppl have experince with? i will probably buy shortly i just gotta figure out what will work best for my driving. im only at the track once every other month if that....and i occasionally hit it on the street.....any ideas suggestions etc. is much appreciated...please and thank you

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Clutchmasters stage 2 with light weight flywheel.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok what site? and i was readin up about the material and the size and that good stuff......i need it to be street drivable

·
Registered
853 Posts
Hey,

I would actually go with a SPEC Stage 1 setup and a Fidanza Aluminum flywheel. The clutch will hold up to 220 ft/lbs of torque. If you're staying N/A, you'll be fine. Also, the flywheel only weighs 7.5 lbs so you'll be putting more power to the ground as well. If you have any questions, let me know.

Thanks,

Kevin
KJB Motorsports

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Yea Reece I was going to tell you the same thing Kevin did. Get the SPEC Stage 1 with the Fidanza Flywheel from KJB and your set bro. I plan on going with the SPEC Stage 2 and either the Fidanza Flywheel or the new ARK flywheel. My .02

·
Registered
9 Posts
Clutchmasters stage 2 with light weight flywheel.
X2 My advice to you would be to just do your research and remember you always get what you pay for. If you want to pay cheep then expect cheep quality. I would suggest either a stage one or stage 2 clutch kit and light weight flywheel from Clutch Masters.:3_winkthu

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i am more comfortable with the kits over buyin the clutch and flywheel seperate....

....and as for the 200hp this is just n/a....does not mean simply bolt ons.....im going to build the internals as well as the bolt on's to help it....so i do think it can be done....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts